Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ip rule - Routes - Setup questions Post 302853851 by Shawarmadk on Monday 16th of September 2013 08:40:56 AM
Old 09-16-2013
Ip rule - Routes - Setup questions

Hi fellow linux-users,

I have a server with 4 nics(currently only using 2), running virtual machines.

It uses two networks on different subnets.

E.g

Code:
eth1 192.168.2.0/29   (via gateway 192.168.2.1)
eth2 192.168.1.0/29   (via gateway 192.168.1.1)

I ran the following commands to make the 192.168.2.1/29 network to work with internet connection:

Code:
ip rule add from 192.168.2.1/29 table 200
ip route add default via 192.168.2.1 dev eth1 table 200

However if I leave the server for a couple of hours, it looses its connection to 192.168.2.1.

I have tried to make it persistent by making the following changes:

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth1:
Code:
default via 192.168.2.1 dev eth1 table 200
192.168.2.1/29 via 192.168.2.1
from 192.168.2.1/29 table 200

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/rule-eth1:
Code:
from 192.168.2.1/29 table 200

Any obvious ideas or errors?

I am new to linux, and have read a lot of network threads - and I cannot seem to get it work.

Hope you guys have some ideas.

Thanks,

Martin

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags please.

Btw. Im using Centos 6

Last edited by Shawarmadk; 09-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

newbie questions on ntp and routes

RH 7.2 I have 2 unrelated questions - 1.) I have been able to configure and run ntp but cannot figure out how to start the service upon reboot. I have read the man pages for ntsysv - this is a manual action, but I want to drop a tarball of config files on a new installation and cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

2. Debian

Setting Routes and such

Ok, I made changes to my routing tables..... which file do I modify to make the routes initialize correctly when the machine boots up? I work with all flavours of Unix/Linux... but this is an older box... Linux, Release 2.2.14-5.0. I did a grep for the default route in /etc, but didnt find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
2 Replies

3. AIX

Multiple Default routes

Hi All, I have a AIX server running v5.2 and its having multiple default routes configured to two seperate gateway. Here's the output of -- netstat -rn Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use If PMTU Exp Groups Route Tree for Protocol Family 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Where are routes stored ?

Hi there When adding a route (or indeed deleting a route) which file is amended ? I am moving a box from one network to another and when it starts up it tries to connect run 'add net 192.x.x.x' etc etc ...but i dont want it to do that where do I edit these route additions cheers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to delete some ipv6 routes?

Hi, How can i delete the following routes on my OpenBSD 4.1 system? # route -n show (including only relevant ipv6-routes) Internet6: Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Mtu Interface ::/104 ::1 UGRS 1 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phalcos
1 Replies

6. AIX

Static Routes question

I added a static route through smit using: Communications applications and Services ==> TCIP/IP ==> Further Configuration ==> Static Routes ==> Add a Static Route ==> Route Type of host Filled in Destination Address, Default Gateway Address and Network Interface of en0. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

7. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

8. AIX

ssh public key setup questions.

Hi all, I have N number of AIX hosts, where I need to login frequently and do some routine tasks (run some scripts). I need to setup ssh public/private key, so I can auto-login via a master (wrapper) script and run each script in each server. I am trying to setup/generate ssh keys, but am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Unix Network Routes

I would really appreciate some help with HP UX's Network Routes. Basically, what I want to do is, I would want a system with global ip (eg: 202.144.138.122) to ping/access my HP-UX server which is with private IP address (192.168.1.23). I have all the routers/switches in between properly route... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damchey
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with routes in Solaris 10

Hello All, I have a Solaris 10 machine with 4 physical network interfaces configured viz. igb0, e1000g0, igb2 and e1000g2. Out of these interfaces, I am routing all my normal monitoring and O&M activities via. igb0 and e1000g0 interfaces. However, I am facing an issue on one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies
TCPDROP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						TCPDROP(8)

NAME
tcpdrop -- drop TCP connections SYNOPSIS
tcpdrop local-address local-port foreign-address foreign-port tcpdrop [-l] -a DESCRIPTION
The tcpdrop command may be used to drop TCP connections from the command line. If -a is specified then tcpdrop will attempt to drop all active connections. The -l flag may be given to list the tcpdrop invocation to drop all active connections one at a time. If -a is not specified then only the connection between the given local address local-address, port local-port, and the foreign address foreign-address, port foreign-port, will be dropped. Addresses and ports may be specified by name or numeric value. Both IPv4 and IPv6 address formats are supported. The addresses and ports may be separated by periods or colons instead of spaces. EXIT STATUS
The tcpdrop utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
If a connection to httpd(8) is causing congestion on a network link, one can drop the TCP session in charge: # sockstat -c | grep httpd www httpd 16525 3 tcp4 192.168.5.41:80 192.168.5.1:26747 The following command will drop the connection: # tcpdrop 192.168.5.41 80 192.168.5.1 26747 The following command will drop all connections but those to or from port 22, the port used by sshd(8): # tcpdrop -l -a | grep -vw 22 | sh SEE ALSO
netstat(1), sockstat(1) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> BSD
January 30, 2013 BSD