Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Bluetooth Dongle Pairing but Not Connecting (Linux) Post 302853389 by Deluge on Saturday 14th of September 2013 01:47:08 AM
Old 09-14-2013
Code:
$ lsmod | grep -i blue
bluetooth             228619  23 bnep,hidp,btusb,rfcomm

--- Edit ---

Here are some interesting events:

I installed KDE and GNOME desktops to see if I could get different results. So far I have tested KDE but it was exactly the same. When I switched back to Cinnamon the Gtk widgets were messed up. So I renamed my ~/.config directory and restarted. That fixed the widgets. But also I was able to successfully connect to my phone and transfer files. I thought maybe it was fixed so I tried connecting the mouse. It still didn't work and system crashed again. When I restarted I couldn't connect to my phone anymore. So I renamed ~/.config again and restarted. Again I could connect to the phone and transfer files, however the kernel eventually panicked. So it appears that the kernel will inevitably panic when connected to a bluetooth device.

Last edited by Deluge; 09-14-2013 at 03:28 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program for pairing together to print outputusing perl

Suppose u have One file one row and one column A1 A2 A3 A4 A1 A2 A3 A4 And another Second file shows pairing A1 A4 A2 A3 A2 A4 A1 A3 Want the output to be like based on the pairing .. As seen from the second fileThose who are paired will get one A1 A4 will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

I can't get the mobile Internet connection using a dongle.

Hi My computer is a 64 bit one and it has AMD processor. I installed Fedora Core and tried in vain to configure the dongle given by 3. I mean to get mobile internet to my desktop computer. I bought the dongle from 3. I know the company 3 is in many European countries. I downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pairing up numbers

Hi, Im trying to script the following logic but having some difficulties and wonder if you can help. Have tried to use "cut" to cut pairs but doesn't appear to do what i need when there are more than one pair. Also "wc -c" doesn't appear to be so easy to know which characters to strip of at I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Dongle over Ubuntu machine.

How to use Net connector(Dongle) in Ubuntu 12.04??? (from the command line or manually)Plz reply soon. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsha katre
4 Replies
OBEXFS(1)																 OBEXFS(1)

NAME
obexfs - mount filesystem of ObexFTP capabable devices SYNOPSIS
obexfs [ -b address | -i | -t device | -u interface | -n address ] [ -B channel ] [ -N ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
obexfs ObexFS uses FUSE to mount filesystems of ObexFTP capable devices. It can handle all devices that the obexftp package can handle, connected via serial cable, IrDA, blueooth or USB. Options to fusermount need to be preceeded by two dashes (--). This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. OPTIONS
-i, --irda connect using IrDA transport -b, --bluetooth connect to a bluetooth device -B, --channel use this bluetooth channel when connecting -u, --usb connect to this usb interface number -t, --tty connect to this tty using a custom transport -n, --network connect to this network host -N, --nonblock nonblocking mode -h, --help, --usage show help text SEE ALSO
obexautofs(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Hendrik Sattler <debian@hendrik-sattler.de> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. 19 June 2009 OBEXFS(1)