Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shrinking zpool
Operating Systems Solaris Shrinking zpool Post 302853273 by afadaghi on Friday 13th of September 2013 02:42:11 PM
Old 09-13-2013
I was talking about rebooting non-global zone not global zone. If I add the new-temp-pool to the global-zone and then, add the temp-FS to NG as lofs without rebooting the NG to pick up the new FS. Am I not correct? Or maybe not. ignore please.

Last edited by afadaghi; 09-13-2013 at 05:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shrinking a file

Hi All I have a somewhat complex requirement. I have a file containing about 1 million records The records in the file are of fixed length Every record begins with 03,04 ,05 or 06 03 record is parent record. 04 05 and 06 are child records Every 03 record can have zero ,1 or more than 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashoo_5
5 Replies

2. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

3. Linux

shrinking root partition and using free space to create a block device

We are intending to protect a set of user specified files using LVM mirroring where the protected space on which the user files are stored is mirrored on an LV on a different disk. Our problem is that for a user with a custom layout has installed linux with 2 partitons for swap and / and there is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickdgrass
0 Replies

4. AIX

shrinking filesystem error

Hi Guys, probably a standard issue, so what do I miss here? Error message: > chfs -a size=-128M /export/nim/aix/5300-10 chfs: 0506-964 There is not enough free space to shrink the file system. df shows 0.75GB free > df -g . Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
7 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Consolidating Freespace to allow shrinking partition?

i have an "old" laptop with 84gb used space, 203gb free, running 32bit Windows Vista. i've tried all defragmenting programs i could find and though some offer Free Space Defrag, they don't seem to take into account where on the disk to consolidates the space to. what i am trying to achieve is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
4 Replies

6. Solaris

ZPOOL help..

hi ... i have added a physical disk to the pool with ""zpool add <poolname> diskname"""... after that i realized that i have to mirror it instead..then i tried to take that disk out of the pool but i m not able to do that.. i have gone through many unix help sites , nothing worked , so please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yrajendergoud
6 Replies

7. Linux

About shrinking LVM and then adding the freed space to another OS on dualboot system

Hi all, Fedora 17, 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit HD 160G I installed Ubuntu 12.04 on the HD first taking up the whole disc. Later I added/installed Fedora 17 selecting the "Shrink" option and save the bootloader on /dev/sda1 to make them dualboot. Installation is successful with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to tell what disks are used for a zpool?

Hello, Does anyone know how I can tell what disk are being not being used by a zpool? For example in Veritas Volume manager, I can run a "vxdisk list" and disks that are marked as "online invalid" are disk that are not used. I'm looking for a similar command in ZFS which will easily show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinoau
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shrinking partitions in enterprise

Hello , to invent some software we need to massive shrink system volumes in our company (800 pc windows xp) . For that purpose we are planing to run remotely some linux distro with fdisk script. Some one have similar experience? ? Any information would be helpfull . THanks.;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y2J
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Zpool mirroring

Now this doesnt look right to me. All of these disks are 100Gb LUNS so total zpool size is 300Gb. Am I right in saying that this zpool consists of two disks plus one more disk that is 6 way mirrored? So a bit pointless because only one of the three is mirrored (and 6 way is a bit of overkill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL) 			       Trusted Extensions Library Functions				   getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)

NAME
getzonelabelbyid, getzonelabelbyname, getzoneidbylabel - map between zones and labels SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> m_label_t *getzonelabelbyid(zoneid_t zoneid); m_label_t *getzonelabelbyname(const char *zonename); zoneid_t *getzoneidbylabel(const m_label_t *label); DESCRIPTION
The getzonelabelbyid() function returns the mandatory access control (MAC) label of zoneid. The getzonelabelbyname() function returns the MAC label of the zone whose name is zonename. The getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID of the zone whose label is label. All of these functions require that the specified zone's state is at least ZONE_IS_READY. The zone of the calling process must dominate the specified zone's label, or the calling process must be in the global zone. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions return a pointer to a sensitivity label that is allo- cated within these functions. To free the storage, use m_label_free(3TSOL). If the zone does not exist, NULL is returned. On successful completion, the getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID with the matching label. If there is no matching zone, the function returns -1. ERRORS
The getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions will fail if: ENOENT The specified zone does not exist. The getzonelabelbyid() function will fail if: ENOENT No zone corresponds to the specified label. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(2), getzonenamebyid(3C), getzoneidbyname(3C), libtsol(3LIB), m_label_free(3TSOL), attributes(5), labels(5) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)