Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional execution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional execution Post 302853203 by Corona688 on Friday 13th of September 2013 11:39:39 AM
Old 09-13-2013
I'd use a variable for that. When you detect files, change the variable, and it'll stay changed.

find may be more efficient than ls | grep.

Code:
trap "rm -f /tmp/$$" EXIT
INTERVAL=300

while true
do
        find /mydir -uname root '!' -path 'lost+found' > /tmp/$$
        # If the file is not empty, set the interval to 10
        [ -s /tmp/$$ ] || INTERVAL=10
        cat /tmp/$$
        sleep $INTERVAL
done

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional execution and parallel jobs

how can i process jobs parallel with conditions below. Script1.ksh Script2.ksh Script3.ksh Script4.ksh Script5.ksh Script6.ksh Script7.ksh Script8.ksh Script9.ksh Script10.ksh After successful completion of Script1.ksh I need to run Script7.ksh. After successful... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford2020
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for conditional execution

Below is my shell script. I am trying to execute two different BTEQ scripts depending on the day of the week. So on a saturday I will execute a certain BTEQ script and on other weekdays I will run the other script. #!/bin/ksh dt=`date +"%a"` if then bteq > final_output <<- EOF .run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional execution

Hi All, I want to echo a message in case a system is reachable by ping or echo a different message in case it's not reachable. Sample code i wrote is ping localhost -n 2 | grep 'ttl' > ping_op; ls ping_op > /dev/null && drReachable=Alive; echo -e `date`: \\t "DR server is reachable" >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional execution of statements

Hi , I have a script which has multiple awk and sed commands like below. First one :- find /root/src/ -name "*csv" -size 0 -exec rm {} \; Second one: - ls *SRE*.txt > SRT_TRAN.dat rm *asr*.txt Third one :- find /root/src/ -name '*.csv' | while read FILENAME ; do awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and conditional execution

Hi, I have a list of files with different filenames like nam0001.txt,pan0001.txt etc coming in /data/inbox from various places. I needed a shell script which would:- 1)searches for a word from the filenames (coming in inbox directory) provided in input parameter. 2)if found, put in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saiesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Execution of a Script.

I have a unix shell script Test.sh more Test.sh echo "Calling dbquery1.sh...." ./dbquery1.sh echo "Calling dbquery2.sh...." ./dbquery2.sh more dbquery1.sh sqlplus -s user1/password1@DB_SID @/tmp/storedprocedures/Hello.rcp I run Test.sh However, I do not want dbquery2.sh to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bashrc File - Conditional Command Execution?

Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to execute a command in my ".bashrc" file based on how I logged into the PC? I was thinking maybe there is a way to check how the user (*myself) logged in, maybe somehow with the who command along with something else, but I'm not sure... I know I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)