Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dispaying output in tabular form Post 302852937 by Vivekit82 on Thursday 12th of September 2013 04:54:23 PM
Old 09-12-2013
input file as below which is , separated.

Code:

column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6,column7
value1,value2,value3,value4,value5,value6,value7
value11,value21,value31,value41,value51,value61,value71

I am using the below command do get the output

Code:

IFILE=/home/home1/Report1
OFILE=/home/home1/`date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S"`.dat
if [ -r $IFILE ]  #Checks if file exists and readable
then
awk -F , 'int($6)!="0"||int($7)!="0" {printf "Colum1:                        %s\ncolumn2:                                 %s\ncolumn3:             %s\nFile column4:                                 %s\ncolumn5:              %s\ncolumn6 :       %s\nColumn7:    %s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7}' $IFILE
fi

The above is giving output as below:
Code:

column1:value1
column2:value2

and so on

Code:

I need the output in tabular form
column1  column2  column3  column4  column5  column6  column7
value1      value2     value3    value4   value5   value6   value7
value11   value21     value31    value41   value51   value61   value71

I belive using HTML tags we cam do but not sure how can we use in my script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabular form in shell script

hi, I need to mention the data in tabular form in shell script. :confused: Input as below: Health check (heading1) CPU/Memory Utilization of pc on server (h2) 1214 of rpc3 is exceeds 0.3 % (data) CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on 2673 CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment dispaying in different format.

Hi friends, I have file1.txt where i am sending this file as attatment in mail using below code uuencode file1.txt file1.txt | mail -s 'TestFile' test@test.com but the format of the file is changing when i open in attachement. file1.txt in unix 1|hyd|nag 2|jun|kin ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)