Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variables not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variables not working Post 302852441 by Scott on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 02:05:42 PM
Old 09-11-2013
There should be no spaces either side of =.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setting Variables not working

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpandey
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working with Script variables; seems like this should work...

The following seems quite basic but does not seem to work. Anybody know why? $ g=1 $ echo $g 1 $ echo abc$g abc1 $ abc$g=hello ksh: abc1=hello: not found $ echo $abc1 ksh: abc1: parameter not set It works when I specify the full variable name $ abc1=hello $ echo $abc1 hello ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chong Lee
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using variables in perl not working

sdcprd@dotstoas110:$ echo $F2 1327332411 this works ---------- sdcprd@dotstoas110:$ perl -MPOSIX -le 'print strftime ("%m%d%y",localtime (1327332411))' 012312 <<<< correct date this doesnt ----------- sdcprd@dotstoas110:$ perl -MPOSIX -le 'print strftime ("%m%d%y",localtime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Working with date (add minutes using variables)

Dear all, today I'm scratching my head with a simple (I believe) issue. Working with date is quite simple, so if I Need to add some seconds to current time, I'll use: date --date='+30 seconds' +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"But, how to pass the value to add from a variable? I tried the following without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo two variables like the paste command is not working

Dear all, I have two files like this file1 A B C D E F file2 1,2 3,4 5,6 I want this output output_expected A B 1,2 C D 3,4 E F 5,6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with lines or variables that have spaces or special characters

Example: while read line do stat -c %G $line done < somefile.txtThe problem is that inside somefile.txt lines can have any symbol allowed as file name, like (). Even with spaces, it splits the words. somefile.txt:dira/my first jump.avi dirb/surf video (1080p).mkv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux