Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Yum cannot install from repository Post 302852103 by cjashu on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 01:51:50 PM
Old 09-10-2013
Thanks again Scott. Was the firewall.
selinux was set at enforcing.

Much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Best Repository for SUSE 10.1 install?

I've made a few attempts at an OpenSuse10.1 clean install using a boot.iso and network repository install dir. I've succesfully done a few network installs before and know what I'm doing with the procedure, however I seem to be getting problems with the connection to the remote repository. It's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Trying to install boost 1.4.1 without success maybe yum repository is wrong

Hi I following the tutorial to install boost 1.4.1 in centos 5.6 32 bit But without success maybe it doesn't find it in my repository in yum , but also when I compile the lib It doesn't find the libs . The tutorial link: Compiling gearman on CentOS 5.6 - gearman | Google Groups the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install using YUM

Hi, working on CentOS 5.7 64 bit. I need to install syslog-ng. First I downloaded syslog-ng RPM. When I install I get many dependencies error messages. rpm -ivh syslog-ng-3.3.3-1.mga2.x86_64.rpm warning: syslog-ng-3.3.3-1.mga2.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 signature: NOKEY, key ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configure yum repository

how to configure yum server to get rpms from any repository or redhat repo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Is it bad to Install the Whole Repository?

Hey Guys, This week I installed Solaris for the first time, (trying to fix my ZFS array with some movies on it) and I noticed that unlike Linux or FreeBSD, their package management application almost encourages installing whole categories of software at a time. Theirs even a keyboard shortcut for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danneskjold
3 Replies

8. Fedora

Yum repository not working in Fedora 16

Hi, while installing/updating package using yum I am getting (repomd.xml) error # yum list Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml: HTTP Error 404 -... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
12 Replies

9. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
avc_open(3)						     SELinux API documentation						       avc_open(3)

NAME
avc_open, avc_destroy, avc_reset, avc_cleanup - userspace SELinux AVC setup and teardown SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_open(struct selinux_opt *options, unsigned nopt); void avc_destroy(void); int avc_reset(void); void avc_cleanup(void); DESCRIPTION
avc_open() initializes the userspace AVC and must be called before any other AVC operation can be performed. avc_destroy() destroys the userspace AVC, freeing all internal memory structures. After this call has been made, avc_open() must be called again before any AVC operations can be performed. avc_reset() flushes the userspace AVC, causing it to forget any cached access decisions. The userspace AVC normally calls this function automatically when needed, see NETLINK NOTIFICATION below. avc_cleanup() attempts to free unused memory within the userspace AVC, but does not flush any cached access decisions. Under normal opera- tion, calling this function should not be necessary. OPTIONS
The userspace AVC obeys callbacks set via selinux_set_callback(3), in particular the logging and audit callbacks. The options which may be passed to avc_open() include the following: AVC_OPT_SETENFORCE This option forces the userspace AVC into enforcing mode if the option value is non-NULL; permissive mode otherwise. The system enforcing mode will be ignored. NETLINK NOTIFICATION
Beginning with version 2.6.4, the Linux kernel supports SELinux status change notification via netlink. Two message types are currently implemented, indicating changes to the enforcing mode and to the loaded policy in the kernel, respectively. The userspace AVC listens for these messages and takes the appropriate action, modifying the behavior of avc_has_perm(3) to reflect the current enforcing mode and flush- ing the cache on receipt of a policy load notification. Audit messages are produced when netlink notifications are processed. RETURN VALUE
Functions with a return value return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
selinux(8), avc_has_perm(3), avc_context_to_sid(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), selinux_set_callback(3), security_com- pute_av(3) 12 Jun 2008 avc_open(3)