Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Track the files accessed by a script. Post 302851971 by chacko193 on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 07:55:50 AM
Old 09-10-2013
Track the files accessed by a script.

How can i track all the files accessed by script. The script is supposed to bring up my application and this script is just the main script which inturn calls another scripts and executable. I need to know all the the files this main script calls and the files accessed by all the other scripts inside the main scripts and by the all the sub scripts.

I tried using lsof but was unable to track the files opened by the child process.

All ideas are welcome.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track changes in files

All, Is there any command or method by which we can track changes in a file in Unix (Something similar to track changes in a word document). I know there is CVS which is used to store code changes and track changes in the code. But other than CVS any way to find out changes done in a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not accessed on a remote server and delete - Help!

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching files by last accessed time

How can I search for files by last accessed time? I want to see files accessed in the last 24 hours, for example...or even less time, maybe in the last 3 hours? Thank you in advance, Trellot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
4 Replies

5. AIX

Script Keeping Track of Itself

Hi All We have a WEB Based application running on the IBM AIX server. There is a EOD Job which runs a UNIX script containing EOD Jobs. Say If any job fails then we have to explicitly comment out the jobs which were successfully executed and then re run the same. Is there any was by which we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files accessed this week

I have looked around on the internet and still i am no wiser as to how to show the number of files in a directory that have been accessed this week and also that as a percentage. Any help would be much appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor files being copied/accessed

Hello, Is there a way (without 3rd party software) to know if a file has been accessed and/or copied ? I'm interested in any solution : doing command line instructions , running background scripts etc... I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum. Thank you! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Accessed Time Script

Hi I want a shell script that will give me a list of files which were last accessed over a specific time ago and want it to use a variable so I can do this... Rought Example... #Input time in bracket for how many months. MONTHSAGO="13" #Specify the Top Level Directory path you want to ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitaljunkie
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to track IPs

Please tell me the script, if any user ping my pc so leave his ip, mac and other identity on my pc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhihot95
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record top accessed processes/files

Hello, I have about 100 servers that I'm looking to collect information regarding top files and processes accessed within a 168 hr (1 week) period. Each server has a different purpose and so different installed applications. All servers are running either unix or linux. What would be a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
0 Replies
PAM-SCRIPT(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     PAM-SCRIPT(7)

NAME
pam-script - a PAM module that can invoke scripts within the PAM stack. SYNOPSIS
pam-script.so [onerr=(success|fail)][dir=/some/path/] DESCRIPTION
pam-script allows you to execute scripts during authorization, passwd changes, and on session opening or closing. Such scripts can perform necessary tasks or influence the outcome of the PAM stack. For example, if the following entry was included in pam.conf sshd auth required pam_script then if the script, pam_script_auth, exits with a non-zero value this would cause the user to be denied SSH access to the machine. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. onerr=(success|fail) the default behavior if the module can not find or execute the script. The default is to fail if the option is not given. dir=/some/path/ where to find the pam-scripts to invoke for each of the various module-types as described below. The default is dir=/usr/share/lib- pam-script if not given. List of scripts pam_script_auth Executed under auth which handles the authentication stage of establishing the user via some challenge-response (i.e. username/pass- word) pam_script_acct invoked under account module-type for non-authentication based account management. pam_script_passwd invoked under passwd for changing the password tokens. pam_script_ses_open invoked when a session is first opened. pam_script_ses_close run after a session is first closed. All the scripts will be passed several environment variables: PAM_USER, PAM_RUSER, PAM_RHOST, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_AUTHTOK, PAM_TTY, and PAM_TYPE referring to the module-type. The pam_script.so arguments in the pam.conf will be passed on the command line, which can be used to modify the script behavior. FILES
/lib/security/pam_script.so - the PAM module /usr/share/libpam-script - where the scripts should be placed by default VERSION
pam-script 1.1.5 SEE ALSO
PAM(7) and the PAM "The System Administrators' Guide" AUTHOR
pam-script was written by Jeroen Nijhof <jeroen@jeroennijhof.nl> with some additions and modifications by R.K. Owen, Ph.D. <rkowen@nersc.gov>. This manual page was written by R.K. Owen <rkowen@nersc.gov>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 22, 2007 PAM-SCRIPT(7)