Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort by alpha then by number
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sort by alpha then by number Post 302851447 by Don Cragun on Monday 9th of September 2013 03:03:09 AM
Old 09-09-2013
Try:
Code:
sort -t/ -k3.1,3.5 -k3.6,3n file

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't sort -k $number work ??

I know this seems like a stupid question. I am trying to sort an address book. Some peole have first, middle and last names, some only have first and last names. Eg: Bob Hope John Bon Jovi etc .. I want to sort this by last name. I was thinking of using something like sort -k $variable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin80
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort alpha on 1st field, numerical on 2nd field (sci notation)

I want to sort alphabetically on the first field and sort in descending numerical order on the 2nd field. With a normal "sort -r -n" it does this: abc ||| 5e-05 ||| bla abc ||| 3 ||| ble def ||| 1 ||| abc def ||| 0.2 ||| def As you can see it ignores the fact that 5e-05 is actually 0.00005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to sort the number of occurrences

file:///C:/Users/TSHEPI%7E1.LEB/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngATM@ubuntu:~$ cat numbers2 | sort -n | uniq -c 1 7 1 11 2 10 3 the 1st numbers are the counts from the command "uniq -c", which represent the number of occurrences of each in the file. The "sort -n"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lebogot
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I sort by n number is like words?

I want to sort a file with a list of words, in order of most occuring words to least occurring words as well as alphabetically. ex: file1: cat 3 cat 7 cat 1 dog 3 dog 5 dog 9 dog 1 ape 4 ape 2 I want the outcome to be: file1.sorted: dog 1 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort the files according to the number?

Hi Everyone, I have a question: I have a lot of file named like or10000.dat, or9100.dat, or100.dat, or3100.dat... I want to deal with these files according to the number in the name. So I want to deal with or100.dat first and then or3100.dat and so on. I used : for i in `ls or*.dat |... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxuyec
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort word followed by exponential number and numeric number at the same time

Input file: ID_34 2E-69 2324 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_5 0E0 436 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_3 65E-20 45467 ID_1 0E0 6578 ... Desired output file: ID_1 0E0 6578 ID_1 0E0 5434 ID_1 0E0 3254 ID_1 5E-52 46437 ID_1 1E-14 2524 ID_3 65E-20 45467 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort Decimal number in UNIX

Hello Everyone, In one of my script, I would like to sort the decimal numbers. For e.g. If I have numbers like 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.10 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 I would like to sort them 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinrastogi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort from highest to lowest number

Hi Guys, I am looking for a way to sort the output below from the "Inuse" count from Highest to Lowest. Is it possible? Thanks in advance. user1 0.12 0.06 0 0.12 User Inuse Pin Pgsp Virtual Unit:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print column number while ignoring alpha characters

I have the following script that will print column 4 ("25") when column 1 contains "123". However, I need to ignore the alpha characters that are contained in the input file. If I were to ignore the characters my output would be column 3. What is the best way to print my column of interest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Paral- lel_Trilinear_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_Vol- umeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Diver- gent_Trilinear_S16_S16 - cast a ray (or rays) through a 3D data set SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions casts a ray (or rays) through a three-dimensional(3D) data set, then computes and returns the interpolated samples at each step along the way. In trilinear interpolation, the value at point P is computed from its eight surrounding neighbors based on the equation below. P = (1-a)*(1-b)*(1-c)*P0 + a*(1-b)*(1-c)*Px + (1-a)*b*(1-c)*Py + (1-a)*(1-b)*c*Pz + a*b*(1-c)*Pxy + a*(1-b)*c*Pxz + (1-a)*b*c*Pyz + a*b*c*Pxyz where a, b, and c are the fractional parts of the coordinates of point P. The trilinear interpolation is represented by the following figure: Printed copy or docs.sun.com displays a figure that represents the trilinear interpolation. In nearest neighbor operation, the sample value at point P is replaced by the value of the nearest neighbor voxel. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: rays Casting rays. vol Volume data that consists of slices. buffer Working buffer. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VolumeRayCast_Blocked(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)