Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory Post 302851053 by Scott on Friday 6th of September 2013 12:58:44 PM
Old 09-06-2013
The first section was an example, run from the command prompt (I have changed the # to a $ - since I was running as root, the prompt is #, not $ Smilie).

The second is the cronjob, and the third an example script you could use.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and copy the files creted in the year 2006 to another directory

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. I will be thankful if some one helps me. I have to write a shell script for one of the requirement. I have files created from Jan 2006 to March 2008. My requirement is to write a script in such a way that 1) To find and copy(not Moving) the files created in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

3. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in sh script while copy files to a backup directory

I am trying to copy files from one directory to another using shell script. Can anyone please troubleshoot the code. thanks in advance... #!C:\Shell\sh.exe files_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\scripts\files" backup_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\scripts\ztest" echo cding to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Poll Directory and Copy files

Hi all, I'm looking for a script to poll a specified directory and copy new files to another location. The script should only copy new files so, I based on mtime I guess? Can anyone point me in the right direction of a script which could do this? My scripting skills aren't too bad, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to copy files

hey everyone, new here i have arch setup and i am using smbnetfs to mount some windows shares in /mnt/smbnet what i want to do is copy files from my home dir to a dir in /mnt/smbnet but i also need it to remove files if i have deleted them from my home dir seems that cp would be the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodgefan67
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy timestamps of multiple files

Hi, I have a bunch of media files in a directory that have been converted (from MTS to MOV format), so my directory contains something like this: clip1.mts clip1.mov clip2.mts clip2.mov The problem is that the .mov files that have been created have the timestamps of the conversion task,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krakus
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to rename files in a directory

Dear friends, I have created a script to rename all files in a directory by appending the file name with username (who created the file), the date it was created. For example, "apple.doc" should be renamed to "johnFeb23apple.doc" where "john" is the owner and "Feb23" is file created date. It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsnifer
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy subfolder and files to matching directory

The bash executes but returns no results and the set -xv showed while the $run variable in blue, was extracted correctly, the $match value in green, was not, rather both values in home/cmccabe/Desktop/f1 were extracted not just the matching. There will always be an exact match from the $run to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use dbiprof to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache If you want to use one of DBI::Profile's other Path settings, you can use a string like: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities. GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. MEMORY USAGE
DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications. It collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query your application runs. You can avoid this problem with a call like this: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; Calling "flush_to_disk()" will clear out the profile data and write it to disk. Put this someplace where it will run on every request, like a CleanupHandler, and your memory troubles should go away. Well, at least the ones caused by DBI::Profile anyway. AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-29 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)