Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Question regarding Reg entries Post 302850847 by Don Cragun on Thursday 5th of September 2013 09:44:03 PM
Old 09-05-2013
I'm aware of that. But, you didn't say that you didn't have cygwin or any of the other UNIX/Linux like command sets installed on your Windows system. (I haven't used a Windows system for a long time, but the directions I gave would have worked with the MKS ToolKit that I used to use, and I believe it would also have worked if you were using cygwin's bash as your shell.)

And, even if you don't have a UNIX/Linux command set installed, you still have a Windows command interpreter (a shell) that will have a variable like the standard UNIX shell's PATH environment variable that performs pretty much the same function. I know that Windows doesn't have a man command, but you should be able to find a MicroSoft document somewhere on the web that explains the way your command interpreter finds commands. You should be able to use the method documented for your shell to add C:\RESOURCE\FFMPEG to the list of directories searched for commands to be run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg files

Dear all, One of our jobs retrieves data from tables and writes it to files. This job was running for around 15 minutes for the past 8 months. Now, this job is runnig for 45-50 minutes. I checked with the DBA's and found no issues with database. The time taken by to job to write to the file is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Gzip

Hi , I want gzip a folder te55 which has got 3 files test1.test2,test3 the name of the gzipped folder should be te55.gz with the 3 files as test1,test2,test3 itself... Is it possible... thanks in advance sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a help reg -d in shell

hi, I am using this to get previous month `date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"` But will it work for january?..will it return 12? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp question

Hi, Should be a difference between ']]*' and ']+' ? I use them in bash with sed and grep. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynir
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg Ex question

Hi All, If I had a string that was a combination of plain text and quoted text - For ex String: This "sentence is" a combination of "multiple words" I wanted to know how I can write a reg-ex that splits the above string into the following result = This result = sentence is result = a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg: MAILX

Hi all, I am trying to send a mail by using MAILX option to my YAHOO-Id. It is giving the following error. Can any one help me to find what is the problem? Do i need to get any kind of settings in my UNIX box for using MAILX? The bounce mail is as below: Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting - Reg.

Hi masters, I have one doubt, lets's say file1 has the following contents, 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 7 5.10 5.9 How to sort these contents to get the o/p like 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 5.9 5.10 7 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg:SFTP

I have a query in regards to SFTP....We have a SFTP ID/PWD, so say if the password changes Would it fail my SFTP? SFTP uses public/private keys for authentication right? So would it endanger my existing process???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies
SUP-CMD(1)						      General Commands Manual							SUP-CMD(1)

NAME
sup-cmd - connect to a running sup-server SYNOPSIS
sup-cmd [global options] command [options] DESCRIPTION
Connect to a running sup-server and execute command. Valid commands are: query count label add OPTIONS
--archive, -a Automatically archive all new messages from these sources. --unusual, -u Do not automatically poll these sources for new messages. --labels, -l label A comma-separated set of labels to apply to all messages from this source --force-new, -f Create a new account for this source, even if one already exists. --force-account, -o account Reuse previously defined account user@hostname --version, -v Print version and exit --help, -h Show help message SEE ALSO
sup-mail(1), sup-server(1) AUTHOR
Sup was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-sup@masanjin.net>. This manual page was written by Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 9, 2012 SUP-CMD(1)