Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in removing control M and Line feed in output file. Post 302850799 by Corona688 on Thursday 5th of September 2013 04:57:12 PM
Old 09-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Usually, the line end sequence is <carriage return><line feed>, so those anchored subs won't work .
Line feeds are what the anchor, anchors to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file feed one line per argument

What tools can I use to accomplish this? I'm writing a shell script to analyze an inittab file. Here's a sample file: init:3:initdefault: ioin::sysinit:/sbin/ioinitrc >/dev/console 2>&1 tape::sysinit:/sbin/mtinit > /dev/console 2>&1 muxi::sysinit:/sbin/dasetup </dev/console >/dev/console... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
10 Replies

2. Programming

Identifying and removing control characters in a file.

What is the best method to identify an remove control characters in a file. Would it be easier to do this in Unix or in C. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Carriage Return and or line feed from a file

Hello I'm trying to write a shell script which can remove a carriage return and/or line feed from a file, so the resulting file all ends up on one line. So, I begin with a file like this text in file!<CR> line two!<CR> line three!<CR> END!<CR> And I want to end up with a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbone231
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing first line from output

my script gives 10 outputs continuously..In each output i have to remove the first line in the output.How to do that. for eg : below is my output 0.00 1.00 5.00 0.00 7.00 i have to remove the first line of this output ie;0.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to display correctly the contents of a file without a line feed

I am using AIX and ksh. I need to display the contents of a file that has a pid (process id). Because the file is open, it doesn't have the line feed or new line, so for some reason if I do this: `cat $pid` , where $pid is the name of the fully qualified file, it displays test3.sh: 426110:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gato
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, My requirement is to remove line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, i have a csv file . In the 7th column i have data that has line feed in it. Requirement is to remove the line feed from the 7th column whenever it appears There are 11 columns in the file C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10,C11 The value in C7 contains line feed ( Alt + Enter ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a specific line from the feed file

Hi All, I have came across an issue where I will grep for a primary key and then I have to delete that particular line from the feed file and then save it. The feed file is a TAB delimited one. For example: grep 539439AE9 file1 100.00000 20090119 20090119 20090521 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to control grep output intact for each matching line?

I have multiple (~80) files (some can be as big as 30GB of >1 billion of lines!) to grep on a pattern, and piped the match to a single file. I have a 96-core machine so that each grep job was sent to the background to speed up the search: file1.tab chr1A_part1 123241847 123241848... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
DNSSEC-TRUST-ANCHORS.D(5)				      dnssec-trust-anchors.d					 DNSSEC-TRUST-ANCHORS.D(5)

NAME
dnssec-trust-anchors.d, systemd.positive, systemd.negative - DNSSEC trust anchor configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive /run/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive /usr/lib/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive /etc/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.negative /run/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.negative /usr/lib/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.negative DESCRIPTION
The DNSSEC trust anchor configuration files define positive and negative trust anchors systemd-resolved.service(8) bases DNSSEC integrity proofs on. POSITIVE TRUST ANCHORS
Positive trust anchor configuration files contain DNSKEY and DS resource record definitions to use as base for DNSSEC integrity proofs. See RFC 4035, Section 4.4[1] for more information about DNSSEC trust anchors. Positive trust anchors are read from files with the suffix .positive located in /etc/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/, /run/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/ and /usr/lib/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/. These directories are searched in the specified order, and a trust anchor file of the same name in an earlier path overrides a trust anchor files in a later path. To disable a trust anchor file shipped in /usr/lib/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/ it is sufficient to provide an identically-named file in /etc/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/ or /run/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/ that is either empty or a symlink to /dev/null ("masked"). Positive trust anchor files are simple text files resembling DNS zone files, as documented in RFC 1035, Section 5[2]. One DS or DNSKEY resource record may be listed per line. Empty lines and lines starting with a semicolon (";") are ignored and considered comments. A DS resource record is specified like in the following example: . IN DS 19036 8 2 49aac11d7b6f6446702e54a1607371607a1a41855200fd2ce1cdde32f24e8fb5 The first word specifies the domain, use "." for the root domain. The domain may be specified with or without trailing dot, which is considered equivalent. The second word must be "IN" the third word "DS". The following words specify the key tag, signature algorithm, digest algorithm, followed by the hex-encoded key fingerprint. See RFC 4034, Section 5[3] for details about the precise syntax and meaning of these fields. Alternatively, DNSKEY resource records may be used to define trust anchors, like in the following example: . IN DNSKEY 257 3 8 AwEAAagAIKlVZrpC6Ia7gEzahOR+9W29euxhJhVVLOyQbSEW0O8gcCjFFVQUTf6v58fLjwBd0YI0EzrAcQqBGCzh/RStIoO8g0NfnfL2MTJRkxoXbfDaUeVPQuYEhg37NZWAJQ9VnMVDxP/VHL496M/QZxkjf5/Efucp2gaDX6RS6CXpoY68LsvPVjR0ZSwzz1apAzvN9dlzEheX7ICJBBtuA6G3LQpzW5hOA2hzCTMjJPJ8LbqF6dsV6DoBQzgul0sGIcGOYl7OyQdXfZ57relSQageu+ipAdTTJ25AsRTAoub8ONGcLmqrAmRLKBP1dfwhYB4N7knNnulqQxA+Uk1ihz0= The first word specifies the domain again, the second word must be "IN", followed by "DNSKEY". The subsequent words encode the DNSKEY flags, protocol and algorithm fields, followed by the key data encoded in Base64. See RFC 4034, Section 2[4] for details about the precise syntax and meaning of these fields. If multiple DS or DNSKEY records are defined for the same domain (possibly even in different trust anchor files), all keys are used and are considered equivalent as base for DNSSEC proofs. Note that systemd-resolved will automatically use a built-in trust anchor key for the Internet root domain if no positive trust anchors are defined for the root domain. In most cases it is hence unnecessary to define an explicit key with trust anchor files. The built-in key is disabled as soon as at least one trust anchor key for the root domain is defined in trust anchor files. It is generally recommended to encode trust anchors in DS resource records, rather than DNSKEY resource records. If a trust anchor specified via a DS record is found revoked it is automatically removed from the trust anchor database for the runtime. See RFC 5011[5] for details about revoked trust anchors. Note that systemd-resolved will not update its trust anchor database from DNS servers automatically. Instead, it is recommended to update the resolver software or update the new trust anchor via adding in new trust anchor files. The current DNSSEC trust anchor for the Internet's root domain is available at the IANA Trust Anchor and Keys[6] page. NEGATIVE TRUST ANCHORS
Negative trust anchors define domains where DNSSEC validation shall be turned off. Negative trust anchor files are found at the same location as positive trust anchor files, and follow the same overriding rules. They are text files with the .negative suffix. Empty lines and lines whose first character is ";" are ignored. Each line specifies one domain name which is the root of a DNS subtree where validation shall be disabled. Negative trust anchors are useful to support private DNS subtrees that are not referenced from the Internet DNS hierarchy, and not signed. RFC 7646[7] for details on negative trust anchors. If no negative trust anchor files are configured a built-in set of well-known private DNS zone domains is used as negative trust anchors. It is also possibly to define per-interface negative trust anchors using the DNSSECNegativeTrustAnchors= setting in systemd.network(5) files. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-resolved.service(8), resolved.conf(5), systemd.network(5) NOTES
1. RFC 4035, Section 4.4 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4035#section-4.4 2. RFC 1035, Section 5 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1035#section-5 3. RFC 4034, Section 5 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4034#section-5 4. RFC 4034, Section 2 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4034#section-2 5. RFC 5011 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5011 6. IANA Trust Anchor and Keys https://data.iana.org/root-anchors/root-anchors.xml 7. RFC 7646 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7646 systemd 237 DNSSEC-TRUST-ANCHORS.D(5)