Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue while Rsync
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue while Rsync Post 302850571 by lovelysethii on Thursday 5th of September 2013 03:42:40 AM
Old 09-05-2013
yes, you're right. we din't have permission earlier on that directory. it has been given now and issue is resolved.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync issue

Hello Everyone, this is my first post and i will aprreciate all help/critsisim if i this is not the appropriate area to post this problem. i am brand new to unix/linux ( the admin quit ) and need help with rsync. I need to use rsync from one machine using the ip adress to another, these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bag of hammers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC issue

Hi experts, this is my script to Synchronize a local directory with a remote directory my problem is server HDD contain data of 79GB but local HDD of 250GB gets full. same script for other server is working i am not getting the exact problem. #!/bin/bash RSYNC=/usr/bin/rsync... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rsync

I'm just trying to use rsync to retreive the file from different servers with script. i want to look for a file, if the file exists, then retreive the file from different servers, and put it in one file. I have the following command. rsync -v -e ssh jerry@openbsd.nixcraft.in:~/webroot.txt /tmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
5 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

rsync issue

Hi, I am using rsync to copy data. rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot --exclude=dqextracts /gmu/install/data/ /gmuqueue/gmu/install/data rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot /temp/vap/gmu /gmuqueue/temp/vap/gmu The above statements are in /home/gmu/rsync_run. this script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giddaluru
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync issue

Hi Everyone, I am getting error while running Rsync from my machine. I have run this successfully few days before but today I am getting this some error. /opt/csw/bin/rsync -avH /uv1016/u105/home/srd/ --rsync-path=/opt/csw/bin/rsync srd@usa7061uz943.na.xerox.net:/uv1016/u105/home/srd/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on rsync

Hi experts, We need copy 5TB data from one server to another (over a 10Gbps link). We plan to use rsync -av remote:/<path /local on destination server but there're few special requirements like: 1. data copy process should run only from 18:00 Hrs to 07:00 every day until copy is completed. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding rsync issue.

Hello All, I was performing a data copy by using rsync command as follows. rsync -avz -r -e 'ssh' --rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync /test/singh_directory/dir /test/singh_directory >> /test/singh_directory/rsync_logs.log 2>&1 Command's logs are getting hung to following: sending incremental... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)