Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error connecting to repo server Post 302850475 by cjashu on Thursday 5th of September 2013 12:02:59 AM
Old 09-05-2013
Error connecting to repo server

Hi guys,
I will really appreciate your help on this issue I am having.

I built a repository on one of my servers using a red hat dvd . It is working fine on that server.

When I create a repo file in a client server and try to connect to the server repository, I get this error

ftp://10.0.0.200/pub/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 7 - "couldn't connect to host"

Please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to SUN server from PC

I have old SUN server on my desk. I know it worked before. I want to be able to connect to server from my PC. Just to establish a dump terminal. 1. I connected to power socket 2. I Have a cable that fits in (i believe is a com ports there are A B slots the same I plugged it in A). They are... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
33 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting my server to comcast

Hi, I just setup a server running centos 4 that I am going to use for a mail server. I setup NAT in my router to open up the smtp port and i assigned the server a static ip address using ifconfig. Now is there a step im missing because now i cant route out of the server or ping anything? Oh btw... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting other server using ssh!

Hi All, Here i am having a problem in my script....:) i have one script which will connect from my linux box to antoher linux box.. let say...currently i am in 55.23.621.123 and i want to connect to another box which is 55.23.621.118 as we know we can connect using ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Connecting to a remote server

Hi, I have an interesting problem. I cannot connect to a personal server I set up. What's interesting is that I can connect to it from the LAN using its non-local IP address. However, I cannot seem to connect to it from anywhere else. Here's how my server is set up: My entire home has a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring EPEL repo and setting it as default repo.

I am using RHEL 6, but with no RHN subscription. I tried installing the EPEL repo, it is enabled under yum repolist but when I try a sample search such as yum search nginx , there's a string of errno 14 PYCURL error 6 . When I tried yum list installed, it didn't work because it defaults to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
mergerepo(1)															      mergerepo(1)

NAME
mergerepo - Merge multiple repositories together SYNOPSIS
mergerepo --repo repo1 --repo repo2 DESCRIPTION
mergerepo is a program that allows you merge multiple repositories into a single repository while referring to the remote location for all packages. OPTIONS
-r --repo <url> Url to a repository to be merged. -o --outputdir <directory> Path where merged repository metadata should be written to. If not specified repository metadata will be written to `pwd`/merged_repo/. -d --database Generate sqlite databases of the merged repository metadata. -a --archlist Specify a comma-separated list of architectures to use. Defaults to ALL. --nogroups Do not merge/include groups metadata in the repository. --noupdateinfo Do not merge/include updateinfo metadata in the repository. EXAMPLES
$ mergerepo --repo=http://myurl.org/repo1 --repo=http://myurl.org/repo2 -d -o /tmp/mymergedrepo SEE ALSO
createrepo (8) AUTHORS
Seth Vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> BUGS
Any bugs which are found should be emailed to the mailing list: rpm-metadata@lists.baseurl.org or filed as tickets at: http://cre- aterepo.baseurl.org/ Seth Vidal 2008 Oct 21 mergerepo(1)