Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue while Rsync
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue while Rsync Post 302850463 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 10:29:27 PM
Old 09-04-2013
It looks to me like the user you are writing the file as doesn't have permissions on those dirs, check the ownership and permissions of all the directories in that target tree (as an issue up the tree will affect you)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync issue

Hello Everyone, this is my first post and i will aprreciate all help/critsisim if i this is not the appropriate area to post this problem. i am brand new to unix/linux ( the admin quit ) and need help with rsync. I need to use rsync from one machine using the ip adress to another, these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bag of hammers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC issue

Hi experts, this is my script to Synchronize a local directory with a remote directory my problem is server HDD contain data of 79GB but local HDD of 250GB gets full. same script for other server is working i am not getting the exact problem. #!/bin/bash RSYNC=/usr/bin/rsync... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rsync

I'm just trying to use rsync to retreive the file from different servers with script. i want to look for a file, if the file exists, then retreive the file from different servers, and put it in one file. I have the following command. rsync -v -e ssh jerry@openbsd.nixcraft.in:~/webroot.txt /tmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
5 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

rsync issue

Hi, I am using rsync to copy data. rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot --exclude=dqextracts /gmu/install/data/ /gmuqueue/gmu/install/data rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot /temp/vap/gmu /gmuqueue/temp/vap/gmu The above statements are in /home/gmu/rsync_run. this script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giddaluru
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync issue

Hi Everyone, I am getting error while running Rsync from my machine. I have run this successfully few days before but today I am getting this some error. /opt/csw/bin/rsync -avH /uv1016/u105/home/srd/ --rsync-path=/opt/csw/bin/rsync srd@usa7061uz943.na.xerox.net:/uv1016/u105/home/srd/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on rsync

Hi experts, We need copy 5TB data from one server to another (over a 10Gbps link). We plan to use rsync -av remote:/<path /local on destination server but there're few special requirements like: 1. data copy process should run only from 18:00 Hrs to 07:00 every day until copy is completed. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding rsync issue.

Hello All, I was performing a data copy by using rsync command as follows. rsync -avz -r -e 'ssh' --rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync /test/singh_directory/dir /test/singh_directory >> /test/singh_directory/rsync_logs.log 2>&1 Command's logs are getting hung to following: sending incremental... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)                                                       Debhelper                                                      DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)