Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Change group and Unmask it to 027 in Linux? Post 302850293 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 12:51:35 PM
Old 09-04-2013
What is your question, exactly?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't change owner and group of a linux file

Hi, I don't know how the owner & group of a login file in redhat linux 7.2 changed to bache like, -rwxr-xr-x 1 bache bache 17740 Jun 20 02:05 login I am trying to change the owner and group to root by using #chown root login #chgrp root login But i am getting the error ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Change Group

I need to change group for a file elektro.log currently the owner is buddy and group is assigned as other i need to change the group to freinds I issued this command chgrp freinds elektro.log but i encounetered error like "....not owner" do i need to su as root to perform this action. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilves
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change Group

Hi... -bash-3.00$ id -a uid=1004(oracle) gid=101(oinstall) groups=101(oinstall),100(dba) How to change gid from oinstall group to dba group?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmask

Hi All, I'm a newbie to UNIX I'm learning AIX 5l Basics I'm unable to execute UNMASK command as mentioned. Could any one help me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically change owner and group

We have a program that when a new account is created using the webpage it creates a new directory on the linux filesystem for the account. The problem is the process that creates the directory is as root user, as I want ftpuser to be able to login I have to manually login and chown -R the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change of group to different users

Need to change the chgrp for different uses d---rwx--t 3 root 764 4096 Mar 16 2007 algavi d---rwx--t 6 root 2857 4096 Jul 16 11:28 alharki d---rwx--t 5 root 2739 4096 Oct 14 2008 alpen d---rwx--t 5 root 546 4096 Mar 16 2007 alvarez d---rwx--t 3 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the group name

Hi, I need to change the group name which is listed under a file. The file has a list of users that need to be changed under the /home/ I tried with the below, I am sure that its wrong. ll -la | awk '{ print $4}' | xargs chgrp /root/user (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to change default group?

Hi frnds, I would like to change my default group. I tried using newgrp, but it will change the group in that xterm only. If i open a new xterm that setting is gone. Also i tried by putting newgrp <my_grp> into the file .cshrc which will be run during startup. Eventhough its working, it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: appualex
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Unmask/Decrypt an XML file?

Hello All, Below is the content of the XML datafile when i do vi the XML file not sure why the content is showing like this, it could be because the data inside the file is masked or something? is there a way i can decrypt or unmask the data in a human readable format? . When i use my Informatica... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
20 Replies
SG(1)								   User Commands							     SG(1)

NAME
sg - execute command as different group ID SYNOPSIS
sg [-] [group [-c ] command] DESCRIPTION
The sg command works similar to newgrp but accepts a command. The command will be executed with the /bin/sh shell. With most shells you may run sg from, you need to enclose multi-word commands in quotes. Another difference between newgrp and sg is that some shells treat newgrp specially, replacing themselves with a new instance of a shell that newgrp creates. This doesn't happen with sg, so upon exit from a sg command you are returned to your previous group ID. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration variables in /etc/login.defs change the behavior of this tool: SYSLOG_SG_ENAB (boolean) Enable "syslog" logging of sg activity. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. /etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
id(1), login(1), newgrp(1), su(1), gpasswd(1), group(5), gshadow(5). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 SG(1)