Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with blobbing
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Help with blobbing Post 302850243 by kailasgurung on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 10:29:45 AM
Old 09-04-2013
Apple Help with blobbing

I am pretty new to scripting and i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Here is the situation. I am trying to make an action folder that when an image is saved to it, the image is automatically moved to a folder based upon the first 4 or 5 integers of the name.

image names come in a few variations for example:

1000.jpg
10000.jpg
10000-v1.jpg
10000-v1 copy.jpg

any of the first 4 or 5 integers can be from 0-9.

this is the code i came up with so far.

Code:
tell application "Finder"

do shell script " if [ -f ~/Desktop/filing/1[0-9][0-9][0-9][!0-9]*.jpg ]
then
scp ~/Desktop/filing/1[0-9][0-9][0-9][!0-9]*.jpg ~/Desktop/filed/1000/
fi"

do shell script "if [ -f ~/Desktop/filing/1[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][!0-9]*.jpg ]
then
scp ~/Desktop/filing/1[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][!0-9]*.jpg ~/Desktop/filed/13000/
fi"

end tell

the trouble with this code is the wildcard [!0-9] wont work if the image is just 1000.jpg or 10000.jpg as having the [!0-9] means that it is excluding 0-9 range but expecting a character of some sort.

Anyway if anyone could shed some light on a solution to this that would be great.

Kai

IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)						 1						  IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)

imagecreatefromstring - Create a new image from the image stream in the string

SYNOPSIS
resource imagecreatefromstring (string $image) DESCRIPTION
imagecreatefromstring(3) returns an image identifier representing the image obtained from the given $image. These types will be automati- cally detected if your build of PHP supports them: JPEG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, and GD2. PARAMETERS
o $image - A string containing the image data. RETURN VALUES
An image resource will be returned on success. FALSE is returned if the image type is unsupported, the data is not in a recognised for- mat, or the image is corrupt and cannot be loaded. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imagecreatefromstring(3) example <?php $data = 'iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABwAAAASCAMAAAB/2U7WAAAABl' . 'BMVEUAAAD///+l2Z/dAAAASUlEQVR4XqWQUQoAIAxC2/0vXZDr' . 'EX4IJTRkb7lobNUStXsB0jIXIAMSsQnWlsV+wULF4Avk9fLq2r' . '8a5HSE35Q3eO2XP1A1wQkZSgETvDtKdQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg=='; $data = base64_decode($data); $im = imagecreatefromstring($data); if ($im !== false) { header('Content-Type: image/png'); imagepng($im); imagedestroy($im); } else { echo 'An error occurred.'; } ?> The above example will output something similar to:[NOT DISPLAYABLE MEDIA]Output of example : imagecreatefromstring() SEE ALSO
imagecreatefromjpeg(3), imagecreatefrompng(3), imagecreatefromgif(3), imagecreatetruecolor(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)