Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sharing internet from Ubuntu to Solaris server Post 302850115 by jlliagre on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 02:14:32 AM
Old 09-04-2013
Are the v100 and the laptops already connected to the same router or do you want to use one of the laptops as a gateway ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help to set up internet sharing in linux.

Ok, I'm kind of in between newbie and experienced somewhere. I'm an advanced computer user but only have a little experience with linux and a lot of problems with it. Currently I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 (I know, I know, but let's not go into the many reasons why it's not even close to the best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazo
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet sharing

I wanted to share internet with my Server running Win 2000 and client on Solaris 8. I networked them with a hub and 2 NICs on Server. Is there any software to share the internet? Need help!!!!!!!!!! Thanks... Praveen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
5 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris and cable int. and internet sharing

hi ý have cable internet an ý dont connect internet.i can't get an ip form the dhcp of the isp and how can ý do internet sharing.ý new installed solaris.pls help me thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demanyak
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sharing internet from host os to guest os

I have a host os Windows 7 ultimate in place where virtual box is installed. Now in virtual box I have installed solaris 10. There is internet connection present in host windows 7 still I am not able to access internet in solaris 10. Please help to configure solaris so that internet can be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

9. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sharing internet from Ubuntu to Solaris server

I have a laptop running on ubuntu 13 connected to wifi. My sunfire v100 is connected to my laptop with an ethernet cable of course. I tried messing around with it seeing if I could do it myself but I couldn't. I want my solaris box to use the internet off my laptop. How would I do this? I'm just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)