Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is your favorite TED talk? Post 302850103 by seasia on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 01:19:48 AM
Old 09-04-2013
I like anyone which is good.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What's your favorite Xscreensaver?

Out of the 100s of screensavers in xscreensaver, what is your favorite? I think mine is definitely juggle. I can sit and watch that juggler forever. I haven't looked into the code, but it must be amazingly complex to deal with all that's going on. From the random throwing pattern, to the arm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Where Is Your Favorite Continent?

Where is your favorite continent to enjoy life? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

(TED) Sebastian Seung: I am my connectome

Excellent talk by Sebastian Seung: HA7GwKXfJB0 I am my connectome (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
61 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is your favorite terminal?

And how does one executes a command there? Mine is: lxterminal -e ./script.sh (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
23 Replies
pbmtoascii(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pbmtoascii(1)

NAME
pbmtoascii - convert a portable bitmap into ASCII graphics SYNOPSIS
pbmtoascii [-1x2|-2x4] [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Produces a somewhat crude ASCII graphic as output. Note that there is no asciitopbm tool - this transformation is one-way. OPTIONS
The -1x2 and -2x4 flags give you two alternate ways for the bits to get mapped to characters. With 1x2, the default, each character repre- sents a group of 1 bit across by 2 bits down. With -2x4, each character represents 2 bits across by 4 bits down. With the 1x2 mode you can see the individual bits, so it's useful for previewing small bitmaps on a non-graphics terminal. The 2x4 mode lets you display larger bitmaps on a standard 80-column display, but it obscures bit-level details. 2x4 mode is also good for displaying graymaps - "pnmscale -width 158 | pgmnorm | pgmtopbm -thresh" should give good results. SEE ALSO
pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988, 1992 by Jef Poskanzer. 20 March 1992 pbmtoascii(1)