Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete File in a Directory Using a Condition Post 302849921 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 03:28:42 PM
Old 09-03-2013
Didn't quite get your requirement.
You need 1 file per minute, yet you said you select 20 files per hour Smilie and what is this pattern?

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to delete a file based on existing file in a directory

hi i am having four files in a directory.like 1)sampleRej 2)exampleRej 3)samplemain 4)examplemain my requirement is i have to search for the rejected files (sampleRej,exampleRej) in a directory.if these files in that directory then i have to delete the main files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file to directory based on condition.

Can any one help me to correct following script. I have 2 directories DropZone and ProcessZone. File pattern is *VEHDESCSUM*. Finding the 'no of files' in DropZone directory using ls *VEHDESCSUM* |wc -l If DropZone has more than one file or 0 files then exit 1 If DropZone has one file then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanagh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to delete this file/directory/entry

Hello UNIX gurus, I noticed this file or whatever in one of our directories, and somehow I am not able to proceed with my work, without deleting this one. .insert--- 1 siebload intrface 0 Feb 22 01:25 Testfile I am confused, as it doesnt appear to be a file, and on doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppathak1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse tab delimited file, check condition and delete row

I am fairly new to programming and trying to resolve this problem. I have the file like this. CHROM POS REF ALT 10_sample.bam 11_sample.bam 12_sample.bam 13_sample.bam 14_sample.bam 15_sample.bam 16_sample.bam tg93 77 T C T T T T T tg93 79 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records from a big file based on some condition

Hi, To load a big file in a table,I have a make sure that all rows in the file has same number of the columns . So in my file if I am getting any rows which have columns not equal to 6 , I need to delete it . Delimiter is space and columns are optionally enclosed by "". This can be ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemantraijain
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column from file and delete rows with some condition..

Hi.... I have a need of script to do delete row whenever condition is true.... 2.16 (3) 1 3 9999 0 (1) (0) 34.42 (4) 1 3 9999 37 (2) (3) 34.38 (4) 1 3 9999 64 (2) (3) 34.4 (4) 1 3 1 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete records within a file upon a condition

Hi Friends, I have the following file, cat input chr1 1000 2000 chr1 600 699 chr1 701 1000 chr1 600 1710 chr2 900 1800 Now, I would like to see the difference of Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col3 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete .txt file from current directory

I have created few text file during run time by redirecting the txt file echo USER_LIST_"$(date '+%d%h%Y')".csv > report_location.txt report_location.txt is creating in the same location where I run script home/script When I try to remove the txt file at the end of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from file based on condition

I want to keep last 2 days data from a file and want to delete others data from the file. Please help me. Sample Input # cat messages-2 Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 kernel: imklog 4.6.2, log source = /proc/kmsg started. Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 rsyslogd: (re)start Apr 16 19:42:03 test1 kernel:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to delete file in directory

Will the below bash delete all the "snps.ivg" in the given directory? Thank you :) find N:\all_array\Samples -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "snps.ivg" -delete (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)						File Formats Manual					       HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)

NAME
etc/shutdown - server shutdown control file DESCRIPTION
If the file etc/shutdown is present it describes when a HylaFAX server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the hfaxd(8) program. The file has the following format: <year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect> <shutdown message text> The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service. <year> The decimal year; e.g. 1996. <month> The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October. <day> The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31]. <hour> The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23]. <minute> The decimal minute after the hour; in the range [0..59]. <deny> The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. <disconnect> Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM. NOTES
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by hfaxd(8). SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8), hylafax-server(5) January 18, 1996 HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)