Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client? Post 302849793 by CaptNemo on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 10:57:21 AM
Old 09-03-2013
If we are not using LDAP or AD, just plain logins, where would that account setting likely be?

I looked in .profile and saw nothing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable anonymous ftp????

How do i disable anonymous ftp on a unix system?????? Please help!!!!!!!1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable ftp on web browser

Hi there, how can i disable the possibility of accessing hp-ux with ftp in the web browser? is there any way to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these? 220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready. 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood. 500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csviking
0 Replies

5. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable ftp

HI all, I am using Solaris 10 and would like to know if it possible to disable ftp use for a single entry in my /etc/hosts file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP client config GSSAPI

Configure ldap client: I have configured my ldapclient with the AuthenticationMethod=simple and with the credentialLevel=proxy. However, as soon as i want to set the AuthenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI, and credentiallevel=self, then it fails to configure. Kerberos is already setup successfully. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

GSSAPI Error FTP

Hi Experts, While trying ftp from newly setup Linux box it is giving following error. GSSAPI error major:Unspecified GSS failure.Minor code may provide more information GSSAPI error minor:Unknown code krb5 195 GSSAPI error:initializing context GSSAPI authntication failed 504 AUTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Disable create subdirectory Solaris 8 ftp

Running Solaris 10. For FTP users or groups, I want to prevent them from creating new subdirectories, but I still want to allow them to create, upload, download files from the subdirs. I understand how to set the general file/directory permissions -- read, write, execute. So for a directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: themonman
0 Replies
AUDISP-PRELUDE.CONF:(5) 				  System Administration Utilities				   AUDISP-PRELUDE.CONF:(5)

NAME
audisp-prelude.conf - the audisp-prelude configuration file DESCRIPTION
audisp-prelude.conf is the file that controls the configuration of the audit based intrusion detection system. There are 2 general kinds of configuration option types, enablers and actions. The enablers simply have yes/no as the only valid choices. The action options currently allow ignore, and idmef as its choices. The ignore option means that the IDS still detects events, but only logs the detection in response. The idmef option means that the IDS will send an IDMEF alert to the prelude manager upon detection. The configuration options that are available are as follows: profile This is a one word character string that is used to identify the profile name in the prelude reporting tools. The default is auditd. detect_avc This an enabler that determines if the IDS should be examining SE Linux AVC events. The default is yes. avc_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a SE Linux AVC is detected. The default is idmef. detect_login This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be examining login events. The default is yes. login_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a login event is detected. The default is idmef. detect_login_fail_max This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for maximum number of failed logins for an account. The default is yes. login_fail_max_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever the maximum number of failed logins for an account is detected. The default is idmef. detect_login_session_max This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for maximum concurrent sessions limit for an account. The default is yes. login_session_max_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever the maximum concurrent sessions limit for an account is detected. The default is idmef. detect_login_location This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for logins being attempted from a forbidden location. The default is yes. login_location_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever logins are attempted from a forbidden location. The default is idmef. detect_login_time_alerts This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for logins attempted during a forbidden time. The default is yes. login_time_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever logins are attempted during a forbidden time. The default is idmef. detect_abend This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for programs terminating for an abnormal reason. The default is yes. abend_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever programs terminate for an abnormal reason. The default is idmef. detect_promiscuous This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be looking for promiscuous sockets being opened. The default is yes. promiscuous_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever promiscuous sockets are detected open. The default is idmef. detect_mac_status This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting changes made to the SE Linux MAC enforcement. The default is yes. mac_status_action This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever changes are made to the SE Linux MAC enforcement. The default is idmef. detect_group_auth This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting whenever a user fails in changing their default group. The default is yes. group_auth_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user fails in changing their default group. The default is idmef. detect_watched_acct This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting a user attempting to login on an account that is being watched. The accounts to watch is set by the watched_accounts option. The default is yes. watched_acct_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user attempts to login on an account that is being watched. The default is idmef. watched_accounts This option is a whitespace and comma separated list of accounts to watch. The accounts may be numeric or alphanumeric. If you want to include a range of accounts, separate them with a dash but no spaces. For example, to watch logins from bin to lp, use "bin-lp". Only successful logins logins are recorded. detect_watched_syscall This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting whenever a user runs a command that issues a syscall that is being watched. The default is yes. watched_syscall_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user runs a command that issues a syscall that is being watched. The default is idmef. detect_watched_file This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting whenever a user accesses a file that is being watched. The default is yes. watched_file_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user accesses a file that is being watched. The default is idmef. detect_watched_exec This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting whenever a user executes a program that is being watched. The default is yes. watched_exec_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user executes a program that is being watched. The default is idmef. detect_watched_mk_exe This is an enabler that determines if the IDS should be detecting whenever a user creates a file that is executable. The default is yes. watched_mk_exe_act This is an action that determines what response should be taken whenever a user creates a file that is executable. The default is idmef. SEE ALSO
audispd(8), audisp-prelude(8), prelude-manager(1). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Mar 2008 AUDISP-PRELUDE.CONF:(5)