Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client? Post 302849793 by CaptNemo on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 10:57:21 AM
Old 09-03-2013
If we are not using LDAP or AD, just plain logins, where would that account setting likely be?

I looked in .profile and saw nothing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable anonymous ftp????

How do i disable anonymous ftp on a unix system?????? Please help!!!!!!!1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable ftp on web browser

Hi there, how can i disable the possibility of accessing hp-ux with ftp in the web browser? is there any way to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these? 220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready. 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood. 500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csviking
0 Replies

5. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable ftp

HI all, I am using Solaris 10 and would like to know if it possible to disable ftp use for a single entry in my /etc/hosts file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP client config GSSAPI

Configure ldap client: I have configured my ldapclient with the AuthenticationMethod=simple and with the credentialLevel=proxy. However, as soon as i want to set the AuthenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI, and credentiallevel=self, then it fails to configure. Kerberos is already setup successfully. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

GSSAPI Error FTP

Hi Experts, While trying ftp from newly setup Linux box it is giving following error. GSSAPI error major:Unspecified GSS failure.Minor code may provide more information GSSAPI error minor:Unknown code krb5 195 GSSAPI error:initializing context GSSAPI authntication failed 504 AUTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Disable create subdirectory Solaris 8 ftp

Running Solaris 10. For FTP users or groups, I want to prevent them from creating new subdirectories, but I still want to allow them to create, upload, download files from the subdirs. I understand how to set the general file/directory permissions -- read, write, execute. So for a directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: themonman
0 Replies
NOLOGIN(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							NOLOGIN(5)

NAME
nologin -- file disallowing and containing reason for disallowing logins DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/nologin, if it exists, causes the login procedure, used by programs such as login(1), to terminate. The program may display the contents of /etc/nologin to the user before exiting. This file is a simple mechanism to temporarily prevent incoming logins. As such, the file /etc/nologin is created by shutdown(8) five min- utes before system shutdown, or immediately if shutdown is in less than five minutes. The file /etc/nologin is removed just before shutdown(8) exits. To disable logins on a per-account basis, see nologin(8). The file /etc/nologin has no affect on the login procedure for the root user. FILES
/etc/nologin The nologin file resides in /etc. EXAMPLES
NO LOGINS: System going down at 18:22 SEE ALSO
login(1), ftpd(8), nologin(8), rshd(8), shutdown(8), sshd(8) BSD
December 9, 2005 BSD