Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating git clones
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Updating git clones Post 302849789 by silverdust on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 10:54:33 AM
Old 09-03-2013
Updating git clones

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the git command and I'm trying to figure out how to check if your local clone is up to date with the master. I know you can do the same thing on packages with apt-get by using update and then upgrade. Is there something similar with git?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

2. Programming

Wait for clones

Hi, I have a methode creating several clones with the following flags: CLONE_VM | CLONE_THREAD | CLONE_SIGHAND How to tell the parent process to wait for the clones' completion? pid = clone( ...) waitpid(pid, NULL , 0) always returns me -1 waitpid(-1, NULL, 0) does the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The-Forgotten
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Mount Emc Clones in VxVm

The Storage Admin presents a clone of a LUN, on the source side the device is under VxVM control, assuming that on the target side we have scanned the new cloned LUN at the OS level (solairs), from there on how do we initialize and mount the new volume. Please give some guidence on this or a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Git Solaris

I need to be able to run git commands on a solaris 10 box, the git server is a Linux rh 6.9 , but I can not find much info out there on a git client for solaris 10. Is it just a pkgadd, or and install tar? or is there even any support for Solaris 10 git? My reading so far had not turned much up. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Git command

trying to add git link to my computer as root and getting error message git clone https://github.com/xxxxxxx/xxxxx.sh bash: git: command not found Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Install git on UNIX

How can I install git on unix using wget? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Git or PKGutil

i am running solaris 10 and they want GIt on there. The instructions that I found on line want me to use pkgutil which i don't have either. Most packages that i have installed come from the cd and are labeled SUNW... I see one instruction to add pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
4 Replies

8. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)

NAME
git-remote-fd - Reflect smart transport stream back to caller SYNOPSIS
"fd::<infd>[,<outfd>][/<anything>]" (as URL) DESCRIPTION
This helper uses specified file descriptors to connect to a remote git server. This is not meant for end users but for programs and scripts calling git fetch, push or archive. If only <infd> is given, it is assumed to be a bidirectional socket connected to remote git server (git-upload-pack, git-receive-pack or git-upload-achive). If both <infd> and <outfd> are given, they are assumed to be pipes connected to a remote git server (<infd> being the inbound pipe and <outfd> being the outbound pipe. It is assumed that any handshaking procedures have already been completed (such as sending service request for git://) before this helper is started. <anything> can be any string. It is ignored. It is meant for providing information to user in the URL in case that URL is displayed in some context. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
GIT_TRANSLOOP_DEBUG If set, prints debugging information about various reads/writes. EXAMPLES
git fetch fd::17 master Fetch master, using file descriptor #17 to communicate with git-upload-pack. git fetch fd::17/foo master Same as above. git push fd::7,8 master (as URL) Push master, using file descriptor #7 to read data from git-receive-pack and file descriptor #8 to write data to same service. git push fd::7,8/bar master Same as above. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Ilari Liusvaara and the git list <git@vger.kernel.org[1]> GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)