Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to read a file and store in variables Post 302849709 by krishmaths on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 05:06:18 AM
Old 09-03-2013
Using awk arrays:

Code:
awk -F"|" '{Load[NR]=$1;PriCenter[NR]=$2;BkpCenter[NR]=$3} END{for(i in Load) {print Load[i], PriCenter[i], BkpCenter[i]}}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/shell question: Read from file and assign to variables.

Is anyone able to help with writing a program that will do the following: 1. Read the contents of a file, line by line, and on each line, assign each of the two columns to a shell variable. 2. perform an action on the variables 3. Read the next line. Here is what I've gotten so far. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read and separate number and words in file and store to two new file using shell

hi, I am a begginer in unix and i want to know how to open a file and read it and separate the numbers & words and storing it in separate files, Using shell scripting. Please help me out for this. Regards S.Kamakshi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble using read to store values in variables from command output

I know there are caveats about using read in pipelines because read is treated by a subshell. I know this but I can't think of any way to accomplish this regardless, I'm still a rookie. I hope somebody will be able to interpret what it is that I'm trying to accomplish and correct me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store contents of a command in array of variables in shell script?

I want to store contents of command dir in array of variables For eg: dir contents are command d2 demovi~ file inven java new untitled folder d1 demovi er1 filename inven~ myfiles ubuntu desktop xmms ----------------------------------- I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netresearch
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store text file into a datastructure using Shell script

i have a text file and want to store it in a appropriate data structure (2-d is preferable) . The contents are as follows.. plzzz suggest an appropriate way to store the contents by using shell scripting (bash shell) text file Abc Def Ghi Hjk Lmn Opq Rst Uvw .... ..... .... .... ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Doubt] How can I store numbers less than 1? Shell variables

Hi everyone, I am having some problems with my scripts so I hope you could help me. I am trying to store the result of a division in a variable in tcshell but I have the problem that if: For example, dividing 2/100 the result is 0.02 but if I store that I have "0". How can I have 0.02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloody
8 Replies

8. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a text file for use in csh script

Hello, I have a text file (say, declarevars.txt) that contains multiple lines that are essentially meant to be variable declarations: set arr1 = (var1a var1b var1c) set arr2 = (var2a var2b var2c) . . . I want to be able to read this text file within a csh (sorry) script and have that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjaydj
2 Replies
TextUndo(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     TextUndo(3pm)

NAME
Tk::TextUndo - perl/tk text widget with bindings to undo changes. SYNOPSIS
use Tk::TextUndo; $testundo = $parent->TextUndo(?-option=>value, ...?); DESCRIPTION
This IS-A text widget with an unlimited 'undo' history but without a re'undo' capability. Bindings The "TextUndo" widget has the same bindings as the Text widget. In addition there are the following bindings: Event <L4> <<Undo>> undo the last change. Pressing <L4> several times undo step by step the changes made to the text widget. Methods The "TextUndo" widget has the same methods as "Text" widget. Additional methods for the "TextUndo" widget are: $text->Load($filename); Loads the contents of the $filename into the text widget. Load() delete the previous contents of the text widget as well as it's undo history of the previous file. $text->Save(?$otherfilename?) Save contents of the text widget to a file. If the $otherfilename is not specified, the text widget contents writes the file of $filename used in the last Load() call. If no file was previously Load()'ed an error message pops up. The default filename of the last Load() call is not overwriten by $otherfilename. $text->FileName(?$otherfilename?) If passed an argument sets the file name associated with the loaded document. Returns the current file name associated with the document. KEYS
widget, text, undo SEE ALSO
Tk::Text, Tk::ROText perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 TextUndo(3pm)