Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem With UTF8 Byte Order Make Post 302849623 by mohs3n on Monday 2nd of September 2013 03:27:36 PM
Old 09-02-2013
Problem Solved .

This is how :
I just found out the files are BOM in both servers but the old server (CentOS 5) doesn't show it because of the old "file" rpm package that doesn't have "BOM" in it's magic file "/usr/local/share/file/magic" but in new server (CentOS 6) with new "file" package BOM is included and it could detect it!
The reason why i got question marks in the output was because of a php option called "zend.multibyte" which suppose to handle files with BOM but it want! so i recompiled php without this option and everything back to normal .
This User Gave Thanks to mohs3n For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utf8-utf16

Hi All, When we create a flat file using a PLSQL program , the flat file is being created in UTF8 format.This file has lot of german characters.When we use this file to load data into MS SQL Server, the german characters are coming as junk. When we create a flat file in oracle it is being ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with 0 byte and large files

how to remove all zero byte files in a particular directory and also files that are morew than 1GB. pLEASE let me know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a byte(Last byte from the last line)

Hi All Can anyone please suggest me how to remove the last byte from a falt file .This is from the last line's last BYTE. Please suggest me something. Thank's and regards Vinay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

5. Programming

Byte order question

Hi, The structure that will follow is supposed to hold the following RTP header field 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UTF8 encoding

Hi experts, I have a gz file from other system(solaris), which is ftped to our system(solaris). After gunzip, the file is a xml file and we are using ORACLE built in xml transformiing tool ORAXSL to transform XML to TXT. Now the issue is we come accross issue regarding UTF8 as below:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to use sigmask in order to make signals can be processed by a thread

Hi, I have a UDP server and client program, and they must run within a program, so I decided two threads, one for UDP server and another for UDP client. The simple architecture is shown in attachment. However, I can't send the packets out on the UDP client, no any time message and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort data based on descending order problem

Input file 9.99331e-13 8.98451e-65 9.98418e-34 7.98319e-08 365592 111669 74942.9 0 Desired output 365592 111669 74942.9 7.98319e-08 1.99331e-13 6.98418e-34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

10. Debian

Locales UTF8 - not working

Hello, I'm facing a strange problem in one of my Debian server, what is happening right now it that I have runned dpkg-reconfigure locales to set en_US UTF-8 so in that way I could use accentuation in my system. # locale -a C en_US.utf8 POSIX pt_BR.utf8 However, when I create a new... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
12 Replies
nkf(1)																	    nkf(1)

NAME
nkf - Network Kanji Filter SYNOPSIS
nkf [-butjnesliohrTVvwWJESZxXFfmMBOcdILg] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
Nkf is a yet another kanji code converter among networks, hosts and terminals. It converts input kanji code to designated kanji code such as ISO-2022-JP, Shift_JIS, EUC-JP, UTF-8, UTF-16 or UTF-32. One of the most unique faculty of nkf is the guess of the input kanji encodings. It currently recognizes ISO-2022-JP, Shift_JIS, EUC-JP, UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32. So users needn't set the input kanji code explicitly. By default, X0201 kana is converted into X0208 kana. For X0201 kana, SO/SI, SSO and ESC-(-I methods are supported. For automatic code detection, nkf assumes no X0201 kana in Shift_JIS. To accept X0201 in Shift_JIS, use -X, -x or -S. OPTIONS
-J -S -E -W -W16 -W32 -j -s -e -w -w16 -w32 Specify input and output encodings. Upper case is input. cf. --ic and --oc. -J ISO-2022-JP (JIS code). -S Shift_JIS and JIS X 0201 kana. EUC-JP is recognized as X0201 kana. Without -x flag, JIS X 0201 Katakana (a.k.a.halfwidth kana) is converted into JIS X 0208. If you use Windows, see Windows-31J (CP932). -E EUC-JP. -W UTF-8N. -W16[BL][0] UTF-16. B or L gives whether Big Endian or Little Endian. 0 gives whther put BOM or not. -W32[BL][0] UTF-32. B or L gives whether Big Endian or Little Endian. 0 gives whther put BOM or not. -b -u Output is buffered (DEFAULT), Output is unbuffered. -t No conversion. -i[@B] Specify the escape sequence for JIS X 0208. -i@ Use ESC ( @. (JIS X 0208-1978) -iB Use ESC ( B. (JIS X 0208-1983/1990 DEFAULT) -o[BJ] Specify the escape sequence for US-ASCII/JIS X 0201 Roman. (DEFAULT B) -r {de/en}crypt ROT13/47 -h[123] --hiragana --katakana --katakana-hiragana -h1 --hiragana Katakana to Hiragana conversion. -h2 --katakana Hiragana to Katakana conversion. -h3 --katakana-hiragana Katakana to Hiragana and Hiragana to Katakana conversion. -T Text mode output (MS-DOS) -f[m [- n]] Folding on m length with n margin in a line. Without this option, fold length is 60 and fold margin is 10. -F New line preserving line folding. -Z[0-3] Convert X0208 alphabet (Fullwidth Alphabets) to ASCII. -Z -Z0 Convert X0208 alphabet to ASCII. -Z1 Convert X0208 kankaku to single ASCII space. -Z2 Convert X0208 kankaku to double ASCII spaces. -Z3 Replacing fullwidth >, <, ", & into '&gt;', '&lt;', '&quot;', '&amp;' as in HTML. -X -x With -X or without this option, X0201 is converted into X0208 Kana. With -x, try to preserve X0208 kana and do not convert X0201 kana to X0208. In JIS output, ESC-(-I is used. In EUC output, SS2 is used. -B[0-2] Assume broken JIS-Kanji input, which lost ESC. Useful when your site is using old B-News Nihongo patch. -B1 allows any chars after ESC-( or ESC-$. -B2 force ASCII after NL. -I Replacing non iso-2022-jp char into a geta character (substitute character in Japanese). -m[BQN0] MIME ISO-2022-JP/ISO8859-1 decode. (DEFAULT) To see ISO8859-1 (Latin-1) -l is necessary. -mB Decode MIME base64 encoded stream. Remove header or other part before conversion. -mQ Decode MIME quoted stream. '_' in quoted stream is converted to space. -mN Non-strict decoding. It allows line break in the middle of the base64 encoding. -m0 No MIME decode. -M MIME encode. Header style. All ASCII code and control characters are intact. -MB MIME encode Base64 stream. Kanji conversion is performed before encoding, so this cannot be used as a picture encoder. -MQ Perform quoted encoding. -l Input and output code is ISO8859-1 (Latin-1) and ISO-2022-JP. -s, -e and -x are not compatible with this option. -L[uwm] -d -c Convert line breaks. -Lu -d unix (LF) -Lw -c windows (CRLF) -Lm mac (CR) Without this option, nkf doesn't convert line breaks. --fj --unix --mac --msdos --windows Convert for these systems. --jis --euc --sjis --mime --base64 Convert to named code. --jis-input --euc-input --sjis-input --mime-input --base64-input Assume input system --ic=input codeset --oc=output codeset Set the input or output codeset. NKF supports following codesets and those codeset names are case insensitive. ISO-2022-JP a.k.a. RFC1468, 7bit JIS, JUNET EUC-JP (eucJP-nkf) a.k.a. AT&T JIS, Japanese EUC, UJIS eucJP-ascii eucJP-ms CP51932 Microsoft Version of EUC-JP. Shift_JIS a.k.a. SJIS, MS_Kanji Windows-31J a.k.a. CP932 UTF-8 same as UTF-8N UTF-8N UTF-8 without BOM UTF-8-BOM UTF-8 with BOM UTF8-MAC (input only) decomposed UTF-8 UTF-16 same as UTF-16BE UTF-16BE UTF-16 Big Endian without BOM UTF-16BE-BOM UTF-16 Big Endian with BOM UTF-16LE UTF-16 Little Endian without BOM UTF-16LE-BOM UTF-16 Little Endian with BOM UTF-32 same as UTF-32BE UTF-32BE UTF-32 Big Endian without BOM UTF-32BE-BOM UTF-32 Big Endian with BOM UTF-32LE UTF-32 Little Endian without BOM UTF-32LE-BOM UTF-32 Little Endian with BOM --fb-{skip, html, xml, perl, java, subchar} Specify the way that nkf handles unassigned characters. Without this option, --fb-skip is assumed. --prefix=escape charactertarget character.. When nkf converts to Shift_JIS, nkf adds a specified escape character to specified 2nd byte of Shift_JIS characters. 1st byte of argu- ment is the escape character and following bytes are target characters. --no-cp932ext Handle the characters extended in CP932 as unassigned characters. --no-best-fit-chars When Unicode to Encoded byte conversion, don't convert characters which is not round trip safe. When Unicode to Unicode conversion, with this and -x option, nkf can be used as UTF converter. (In other words, without this and -x option, nkf doesn't save some charac- ters) When nkf converts strings that related to path, you should use this opion. --cap-input Decode hex encoded characters. --url-input Unescape percent escaped characters. --numchar-input Decode character reference, such as "&#....;". --in-place[=SUFFIX] --overwrite[=SUFFIX] Overwrite original listed files by filtered result. Note --overwrite preserves timestamps of original files. --guess=[12] Print guessed encoding and newline. (2 is default, 1 is only encoding) --help Print nkf's help. --version Print nkf's version. -- Ignore rest of -option. AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 1987, Fujitsu LTD. (Itaru ICHIKAWA). Copyright (c) 1996-2010, The nkf Project. nkf 2.1.2 2011-09-08 nkf(1)