Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed string with any order
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed string with any order Post 302849071 by Satyak on Friday 30th of August 2013 07:08:52 PM
Old 08-30-2013
RedHat sed string with any order

Hi, i have a strange prob. log file contains ip, protocol, user name, agent . these can be in any order. If log contains the above order able to fetch all details but if details are in diff order not able to fetch all details.

using below command.
Code:
grep -A50 "Entry " "/logs/file.log" \
|grep -A50 "Login" \
|sed -n -e '/IPADDR/p' -e '/PROTOCOL/p' -e '/USER_NM/p' -e '/AGENT/p' \
| sed 's/^ *//g' \
|sed -e 's/IPADDR */1C /g' -e 's/PROTOCOL */2C /g' -e 's/USER_NM */4C /g' -e 's/AGENT */3C /g'  > $TMP_FILE

Can someone plz help

thanks in advance

Last edited by Scott; 08-30-2013 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed and regex to reverse order???

so i have been trying to learn how to manipulate text on my own and have gotten stumped... let's say i have a text file that says (highly simplified): people ordinary How would swap the order of the words.. I know i need to use sed and some kind of back reference but cannot make it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urtherhoda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output string in reversing order

If I have string { I_love_shell_scripts} anyone knows how to have output {stpircs_llehs_evol_I} by using shell and perl ?I know in perl, there is reverse() funcation, but can it be done by not using reverse()? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order using sed

I have a text "abc def ghi" and I want to get it as "def abc ghi" I am using this echo "abc def ghi" | sed 's/\(*\)\(*\)/\2\1/' But I am not able to get the output, could anyone help me. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP !! Builting string in incremental order

I have files in a folder like .. citi11082006_1.trn citi11082006_2.trn citi11082006_3.trn ... ... ... citi11082006_13.trn .,... citi11082006_nn.trn Each file will have one string inside and I am builting a master string based out the string in the sub files by merging all into one by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing file order using SED

Im trying to develop a shell script that will change the content order of the file. For example I have a file that says a b c d I want to change this to be d c b a Im trying to use sed to this by reading the file and then inserting each line at the top #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the order of a string ?

Hi , I want to change the order of a string using sed command . Is it possible ? $echo "abc123xyz" | sed 's/\()*\) \(*\)/\2\1/' abc123xyz $ echo "abc123xyz" |sed 's/\()*\) \(*\) \()*\)/\2\1\3/' abc123xyz I want to change the string , abc123xyz as xyz123abc . Is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to order a file

Hi - I have a file with lots of lines in that I need to order based on the number of commas! e.g the file looks something like :- cn=john,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com cn=john,cn=users,dc=com cn=users,cn=groups,dc=com cn=john,cn=admins,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate XML File Continous STRING by each Order Line using SHELL

heres sample File: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "www"><cXML.............................................. <OrderRequest>USE UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="UniqueName">Peter@UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="ContractingEntity">UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - searching token in certain order

Hello. I would like to write a bash function which would return "true" if the search succeed else return anything else. something like if ] ; then exit 1 fi function my_funct () { find first occurrence $2 in $1 if not found return "false" from that position,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)