Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client? Post 302848955 by CaptNemo on Friday 30th of August 2013 12:30:53 PM
Old 08-30-2013
Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31.

When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,-

HP-UX 1:
Code:
Connected to xxxx.
220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes.
Name (xxxx:user):

HP-UX 2:
Code:
Connected to xxxx.
220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:25:02 on 2013-08-30.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes.
Trying GSSAPI...
GSSAPI rejected as security mechanism.
*** Using plaintext user and password ***
Name (xxxx:user):

inetsvcs_sec status shows: kerberos disabled (which is supposed to disable sis for FTP).

I can find no ftp client configuration files and I am not passing any options to ftp.

Q1: Why is one trying GSSAPI and the other not?
Q2: How do you disable the GSSAPI with ftp?

Last edited by Scott; 08-31-2013 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable anonymous ftp????

How do i disable anonymous ftp on a unix system?????? Please help!!!!!!!1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable ftp on web browser

Hi there, how can i disable the possibility of accessing hp-ux with ftp in the web browser? is there any way to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these? 220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready. 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood. 500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csviking
0 Replies

5. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable ftp

HI all, I am using Solaris 10 and would like to know if it possible to disable ftp use for a single entry in my /etc/hosts file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP client config GSSAPI

Configure ldap client: I have configured my ldapclient with the AuthenticationMethod=simple and with the credentialLevel=proxy. However, as soon as i want to set the AuthenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI, and credentiallevel=self, then it fails to configure. Kerberos is already setup successfully. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

GSSAPI Error FTP

Hi Experts, While trying ftp from newly setup Linux box it is giving following error. GSSAPI error major:Unspecified GSS failure.Minor code may provide more information GSSAPI error minor:Unknown code krb5 195 GSSAPI error:initializing context GSSAPI authntication failed 504 AUTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Disable create subdirectory Solaris 8 ftp

Running Solaris 10. For FTP users or groups, I want to prevent them from creating new subdirectories, but I still want to allow them to create, upload, download files from the subdirs. I understand how to set the general file/directory permissions -- read, write, execute. So for a directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: themonman
0 Replies
CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)				     curl_easy_getinfo options					CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)

NAME
CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH - get entry path in FTP server SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_getinfo(CURL *handle, CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH, char **path); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a char pointer to receive a pointer to a string holding the path of the entry path. That is the initial path libcurl ended up in when logging on to the remote FTP server. This stores a NULL as pointer if something is wrong. The path pointer will be NULL or pointing to private memory you MUST NOT free - it gets freed when you call curl_easy_cleanup(3) on the corresponding CURL handle. PROTOCOLS
FTP(S) and SFTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4. Works for SFTP since 7.21.4 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_getinfo(3), curl_easy_setopt(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLINFO_FTP_ENTRY_PATH(3)