Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Home email server setup - stuck Post 302848747 by jalisco on Friday 30th of August 2013 02:16:18 AM
Old 08-30-2013
thanks for the tip on the code tags, will do that in the future.

Thanks for the information.

I think I have that all setup with my isp. I have mx record setup there. I have a dynamic IP, which is automatically updated with ddclient.

I have read that dynamic IPs are not often relayed, as an anti-spamming policy by many, if I understood that correctly. So, I don't know if my server will work long term.

I think my problem is local. When I send an email to my domain, it appears from the returned email, that the email actually made it there, before being rejected by the domain - for the same reason mentioned above, local error. will work on it some more today =)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home network - can you have a primary name server, or only a caching-only name server

i'm setting up a solaris 9 box to be my home network's DNS server. actually it's up and running, but it's set as a caching-only name server. can i set it up to be the primary name server? what are the advantages if i can set it up to be a primary name server vs. a caching only name server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stuck in perl cgi to upload a file to server

hi, i m working on a perl cgi script which uploads a file to the server. i m stuck. i hav written the errors. plz help. Sachin Kaw ______________________________________________________________________ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI; use CGI qw(:standard); use strict; use POSIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin_kaw
4 Replies

3. SCO

SCO-5.0.7 Setup Email-2.5.1 problem

Did anyone got Email-2.5.1 working on Sco 5? It goes thru ./configure with no problem but bump into an error message when use make I am including the error message bellow: Undefined first referenced symbol in file __abbr_table_1.1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
0 Replies

4. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to setup Email notification when storage reach certain % ?

Hi, I recently research on how auto-mailing to notify the increase of storage size. I try avoid schedule/routine checkup the storage to determine increase the storage size. It is time-consuming. Any comment on how to get the storage size %? and automatically trigger mailing function instead... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: i-counsellor
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the newest file from a different server to your home server.

Hi all, So I am on server 1, and I want to grab the newest file from a particular directory on server 2, and place this in a directory on server 1. I am trying to use: ls -tr | tail -1 This works, and gets me the newest file in a particular directory. Using svn `ls -tr | tail -1` etc I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lexx87
1 Replies

7. AIX

Setup hacmp on lpar with a hmc for home lab

Unix Guys i want to setup a lab in my house for learning, i want to setup and hacmp and a seperate server where i can setup 2 lpars and then cluster those 2 lpars and setup them up for failover what is the cheapest way to achive this. my objective is to learn hmc -> managed server via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]How do I setup outgoing email in solaris?

I have a Solaris box that I need to enable outgoing email from alarm purposes. How do I do that so the command echo "test this email" | mailx test@address.com will go through? ---------- Post updated at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 PM ---------- Needed to open port 25/smtp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email server setup - basic help; tutorial for debian/Postfix/dovecot

Hello, I have been trying to setup a email server here at home, for me and a few friends. Nothing fancy, just a super basic - but secure - email server. I have been having trouble over the course of the past 2-3 weeks fumbling through various online tutorials. It shouldn't be SO hard =) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalisco
0 Replies

10. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
DOVEADM-EXEC(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-EXEC(1)

NAME
doveadm-exec - easily execute commands from Dovecot's libexec_dir SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] exec binary [binary arguments] DESCRIPTION
This command allows administrators and local users to simply execute commands from within libexec_dir. So for example a logged in system user could start a pre-authenticated imap session, using the command: doveadm exec imap. An administrator would use the command: doveadm exec imap -u username. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. ARGUMENTS
binary the name of an executable located in /usr/libexec/dovecot. binary arguments options and arguments, wich will be passed through to the binary. EXAMPLE
This example demonstrates how to deliver a message from a file to a user's mailbox. doveadm exec dovecot-lda -d user@example.net -f admin@example.net < ~/stuff/welcome.msg REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), dovecot-lda(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-08-05 DOVEADM-EXEC(1)