Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab across server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab across server Post 302848737 by Udung on Friday 30th of August 2013 01:35:36 AM
Old 08-30-2013
hi Chubler,

thank u for response

can u give me example detailly?
my bash skills are rusty, please give me an example

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Multiple crontab entries crashing server

Hi all I have a problem where having multiple simultaneous startups in the crontab causes the entire server (running RHEL-AS3). Three process are set to be fired off at the same minute. Individually, they all start fine. As soon as they start via these cron jobs, the server halts. Doesn't turn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
2 Replies

2. SCO

copy crontab file from backup server

Hi, I did a terrible mistake of issuing crontab -r command which deleted my table on a new installation. Is there any way i can transfer the table from an existing unix box. Regards, Joseph:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoroge
4 Replies

3. AIX

Copying crontab for a user from one server to other server.

Could you please let me know, if the crontab for a user (eg test)in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory can be copied from one server to other server. Both the servers are on AIX 5.3 and the target servers has the test user and all the executable files listed in the crontab for the test user on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS - Regular crontab "caches old scripts"

Hi, I'm using a Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS and it works like a charm, except for the regular crontab. Onde day a user had some problems with crontab, i analyse it and i see no problemns, all my stuff is working right. Cron is running smoth... I only noticed it when i altered a script already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grafman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Old crontab file reflected after server reboot

Hi All, We are working on HP_UNIX. I am facing a strange problem regarding crontab in our unix environment.Whenever a server reboot takes place on our server the old crontab gets reflected due to which several scripts which were earlier uncommented starts running causing a huge problem .Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD