Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Reasons for NOT using LDOMs? reliability? Post 302848695 by os2mac on Thursday 29th of August 2013 08:53:11 PM
Old 08-29-2013
I use this exact configuration. LDOMS with zones installed in the LDOMS. it really comes down to money and complexity. Money in the sense you can use your LDOM configs to limit your exposure to licensing by physical resource limitations in the LDOM config (you can't do this with zones alone) and complexity in that it's essentially a double VM, or a VM running in a VM and all the complexity that brings add mounted storage from a SAN and you can see where it gets complicated very fast.
This User Gave Thanks to os2mac For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Optimizing the system reliability

My product have around 10-15 programs/services running in the sun box, which together completes a task, sequentially. Several instances of the each program/service are running in the unix box, to manage the load and for risk-management reasons. As of now, we dont follow a strict strategy in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
2 Replies

2. Solaris

To find out the reasons it crash

What are the steps to find out the reasons it crash in the solaris machine (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepkv
3 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

High reliability web server - cluster, redundancy, etc

Hi. I am IT manager/developer for a small organization. I have been doing as-needed linux server administration for several years and am by no means an expert. I've built several of my own servers, and our org is currently using hosting services for our servers and I am relatively happy. We... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsaadmin
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Kubuntu on (certain) Lenovo laptops not possible - reasons?

Hi. I've used the Wubi install of Ubuntu and Kubuntu on my Windows XP machine for close to half a year now. My brother has let me know of a program where he works by which they're getting rid of (with support negated) several Lenovo laptops, on which, he also informs me, the K 'flavor' of Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

5. AIX

MPIO reliability

Hi, we have a vew boxes using MPIO and they are connected to some virtualization software managing some disk subsystems, offering volumes to the AIX boxes. Sometimes when a cable has been plugged out for a test or when a real problem occurs, using lspath to show the state of the paths shows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
8 Replies
JV-SCAN(1)								GNU								JV-SCAN(1)

NAME
jv-scan - print information about Java source file SYNOPSIS
jv-scan [--complexity] [--encoding=name] [--print-main] [--list-class] [--list-filename] [--version] [--help] [-o file] inputfile... DESCRIPTION
The "jv-scan" program can be used to print information about a Java source file (.java file). OPTIONS
--complexity This prints a complexity measure, related to cyclomatic complexity, for each input file. --encoding=name This works like the corresponding gcj option. --print-main This prints the name of the class in this file containing a "main" method. --list-class This lists the names of all classes defined in the input files. --list-filename If "--list-class" is given, this option causes "jv-scan" to also print the name of the file in which each class was found. -o file Print output to the named file. --help Print help, then exit. --version Print version number, then exit. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), gcj(1), gcjh(1), gij(1), jcf-dump(1), gfdl(7), and the Info entries for gcj and gcc. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being ``GNU General Public License'', the Front- Cover texts being (a) (see below), and with the Back-Cover Texts being (b) (see below). A copy of the license is included in the man page gfdl(7). gcc-3.2.2 2003-02-25 JV-SCAN(1)