Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX System Programming Certification Program Post 302848419 by saps19 on Thursday 29th of August 2013 08:47:35 AM
Old 08-29-2013
Try the below link to read further and take your decision accordingly:
Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days?

Cheers,
Saps.
This User Gave Thanks to saps19 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

unix system programming

hey there i have to execute commands that are written on the command line in unix. i have already separated the commands into tokens but now im stuck with the problem of how to actually execute those commands. eg: lets say the user entered " ls -l" to list all the files in a directory ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell me some good unix project in system level programming...

this is very urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stalin2020
0 Replies

3. Programming

Program for a UNIX system

I'm looking for a programmer to write a Program for The Unix Environment. The program is quite simple, but have to be well written. For information please contact me via private message or via msn messenger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dracox86
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

XP as a program on Unix/Linux system?

I am sure this question has been asked and answered before, also, if it is the wrong catergory, please let me know. I would like to know how, if possible to run Unix/Linux as my operating system, and then load XP as a program? (I am open to other operating systems, but it has to be able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mountainwolf
3 Replies

5. Programming

Brainbench linux programming certification

Hi All, I was thinking on take the linux programming certification given by Brainbench and I was wondering if somebody know something about it or has taken it. I have sent them an email asking for information about the topics that are included in the test, but unfortunately,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
0 Replies

6. Programming

Unix System Programming Book

Hi, I've almost finished "Advanced Linux Programming" book. However, I feel as if I need dig deeper in IPC specially socket programming as well as multi-threading. Can anyone recommend a good book (preferably publically available)? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaywalker
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. Programming

What is Unix System Programming???

Hi friends, Hope u r doing well. I really find the phrase, "Unix System Programming" very very cool, I don't know the reason, but it since I love UNIX, I want to do system programming in unix. Could you please tell me what is really the meaning of unix system programming. I have a couple of books... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System programming with Unix

Hi All I want to learn System programming with the help of Unix. System Programming mean to say 1) Playing with the memory of computer 2) Designing some graphical units Hope you understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)					       pkla-admin-identities					     PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)

NAME
pkla-admin-identities - List pklocalauthority-configured polkit administrators SYNOPSIS
pkla-admin-identities [--help] pkla-admin-identities [--config-path config-path] DESCRIPTION
pkla-admin-identities interprets configuration files described below to determine which users polkit(8) considers administrators, using a non-JavaScript configuration file format described below. Note: Determining which users are considered administrators is driven by JavaScript rules as described in polkit(8). pkla-admin-identities is called by a JavaScript rule file named 49-polkit-pkla-compat.rules; other JavaScript rules with a higher priority may exist, so the pkla-admin-identities configuration may not necessarily govern the final decision by polkit(8). The ordering of the JavaScript rule files and the ordering of pkla-admin-identities configuration files is not integrated and uses different rules; the pkla-admin-identities configuration evaluation is happens at a single point within the JavaScript rule evaluation order. pkla-admin-identities is an internal helper program of pkla-polkit-compat. You shouldn't need to run it directly, except for debugging purposes. Configuration is read from files with a .conf extension in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory. All files are read in lexicographical order (using the C locale), meaning that later files can override earlier ones. The file 50-localauthority.conf contains the settings provided by the OS vendor. Users and 3rd party packages can drop configuration files with a priority higher than 60 to change the defaults. The configuration file format is simple. Each configuration file is a key file (also commonly known as a ini file) with a single group called [Configuration]. Only a single key, AdminIdentities is read. The value of this key is a semi-colon separated list of identities that can be used when administrator authentication is required. Users are specified by prefixing the user name with unix-user:, groups of users are specified by prefixing with unix-group:, and netgroups of users are specified with unix-netgroup:. See the section called "EXAMPLE" for an example of a configuration file. pkla-admin-identities outputs the resulting configuration of administrator identities, one identity per line, using the same format (including e.g. the unix-user: prefix). If no administrator identities are configured in the above-described configuration files, the output will be empty. OPTIONS
-h, --help Write a summary of the available options to standard output and exit successfully. -c, --config-path=config-path Search for configuration files in config-path instead of the default /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d. EXIT STATUS
pkla-admin-identities exits with 0 on success (even if there are no administrator identities), and a non-zero status on error. FILES
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d Default directory containing configuration files. EXAMPLE
The following .conf file [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-group:staff specifies that any user in the staff UNIX group can be used for authentication when administrator authentication is needed. This file would typically be installed in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory and given the name 60-desktop-policy.conf to ensure that it is evaluated after the 50-localauthority.conf file shipped with pkla-polkit-compat. If the local administrator wants to override this (suppose 60-desktop-policy.conf was shipped as part of the OS) he can simply create a file 99-my-admin-configuration.conf with the following content [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-user:lisa;unix-user:marge to specify that only the users lisa and marge can authenticate when administrator authentication is needed. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <davidz@redhat.com> with a lot of help from many others. Adapted by Miloslav Trma <mitr@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
polkit(8) polkit-pkla-compat May 2013 PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)