Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need script to monitor "ALL" Disk Spaces Post 302848343 by mohtashims on Thursday 29th of August 2013 04:15:39 AM
Old 08-29-2013
Lightbulb Need script to monitor "ALL" Disk Spaces

Hi,

I have searched the forum and found that there are many scripts that need the path i.e. /tmp, /opt, /var etc to be provided or hard coded for it to calculate the disk space free percentage.

What i need is a script that shows the free disk space for all partitions on my HPUX itanium server.

expected output:

Quote:
/etc/vx/cbr/bk (/dev/vg00/cbr ) : 15 % free
/home (/dev/vg00/home ) : 81 % free
/opt/app/ndm (/dev/vx/dsk/dgd1grn1m1app1/ndm) : 11 % free
/opt (/dev/vg00/opt ) : 78 % free
/tmp (/dev/vg00/tmp ) : 55 % free
Current output for df -k looks something like this:
Quote:
/opt (/dev/vg00/opt ) : 9272729 total allocated Kb
2108779 free allocated Kb
7163950 used allocated Kb
78 % allocation used
/tmp (/dev/vg00/tmp ) : 963640 total allocated Kb
917454 free allocated Kb
46186 used allocated Kb
5 % allocation used
/usr/local/EMC (/dev/vg00/emc ) : 769081 total allocated Kb
751900 free allocated Kb
17181 used allocated Kb
3 % allocation used
Can you please help ?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment please use code and not quote tags!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 08-29-2013 at 07:03 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read a line with spaces bet " " and write to a file

Hi, I need a command in UNIX KSH below is the description... MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping for the calid inputs" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1" unix ksh command to read the DESCRIPTION and write to a file Test Mapping for the calid inputs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace "®" "™" "with Spaces in UNIX

do U know how to replace the registered trademark "®" symbol or trade Mark "™" "with Spaces in UNIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MMeari
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
acctsuspend(5)							File Formats Manual						    acctsuspend(5)

NAME
acctsuspend, acctresume - suspend and resume accounting when available disk space reaches threshold VALUES
Failsafe Default. Default acctsuspend: acctresume: Allowed values acctresume: acctsuspend: Recommended values acctsuspend: acctresume: (But more than acctsuspend) DESCRIPTION
The and tunables control when accounting stops and resumes due to disk space constraints. When free disk space on the file system being used by accounting reaches the suspension threshold, which is the percentage relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, accounting is suspended until such time as the free disk space reaches the resumption threshold, which is the percentage rela- tive to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser. Note: Since the and values are specified relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, negative values of these parameters can make sense. For example, if the superuser has reserved 10 percent of the disk space on the file system at file system creation time, and acctsuspend is -5 and acctresume is 0, the suspension threshold will be 5 percent of the total disk space and the resumption threshold will be 10 percent of the total disk space. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone using accounting. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Increasing either variable should be considered when it is necessary to maintain a higher percentage of free space on the accounting filesystem. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value of This Tunable? The higher either value is, the less accounting data may be captured. The further the values are separated, the greater the amount of potentially lost accounting data. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If additional disk space is needed for accounting data, and it cannot be obtained by moving files off of the filesystem, then the value of should be lowered. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value of This Tunable? Filesystem performance (writing accounting records) decreases as the filesystem fills up. In turn, this will decrease the overall perfor- mance of accounting processes. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? When changing either of these tunables, both should be considered. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
accton(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters acctsuspend(5)