Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression for 6 digit number present in a line Post 302848331 by chandana hs on Thursday 29th of August 2013 04:02:55 AM
Old 08-29-2013
Thanks,

Got it.

Code:
$ cat test1.txt |sed -n -e 's/.*\([0-9]\{6\}\).*/\1/p'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching a new line

I have written a script to test some isdn links in my network and I am trying to format the output to be more readable. Each line of the output has a different number of digits as follows... Sitename , spid1 12345678901234 1234567890 1234567 , spid2 1234567890 1234567890 1234567 Sitename , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drheams
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line problem of regular expression

could anybody tell me how i can add/append a new line using regular expression in vi on AIX? i've tried several ways before, but all of them failed. e.g. :%s/$/\n/ :%s/^/\v\r/ :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression grepping lines with VARIOUS number of blanks

Hi, I need a regular expression grepping all lines starting with '*' followed by a VARIOUS number of blanks and then followed by the string 'Runjob=1'. I tried that code, but it doesn't work: grep -i '*'+'Runjob=1' INPUT_FILE >>OUTPUT_FILE Can someone help me? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression format string in one line.

Hi All, @months = qw(Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec); $day=091023; $day_combine = $day; $day_combine =~ s/({2})({2})({2})/20$1-$months-$3/; Instead of three lines, is possible to combine the last two lines into a single line? means no need assign $day to $day_combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regular expression to get part of a line

Hi I just started on GNU Grep with regex and am finding it very challenging and need to ask for help already... here is the problem, I have a page (MYFILE) which consists of the following.... <div> <input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" id="__EVENTTARGET" value="" /> <input type="hidden"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noobie74645
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for line

Hi, I'm trying to extract if the (offset>0 || flags ) from the following line: 90.30.180.90.80 > 90.121.333.308.45133: Flags , seq 14480:15928, ack 1, win 8088, options > 15:59:11.156664 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 20, id 44442, offset 0, flags , proto TCP (6), length 1500) try: offset.(+) ||... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the difference between \d , [:digit:], and [0-9] in regular expression ?

Hello, $ ] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; error $ ]] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; error $ ]] && echo "ok" || echo "error"; ok $ It seems that \d , , and are not the same.According to the regular expression reference, \d , , and have the same meaning, which represent a digit, but why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
8 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies
CheckDigits::MXX_005(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::MXX_005(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::MXX_005 - compute check digits for ESR9 (CH) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $esr = CheckDigits('esr9'); if ($esr->is_valid('123456786')) { # do something } $cn = $esr->complete('12345678'); # $cn = '123456786' $cd = $esr->checkdigit('123456786'); # $cd = '6' $bn = $esr->basenumber('123456786'); # $bn = '12345678' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Digits are processed left to right. For the first digit applies the balance is 0. 2. The new balance is taken from the balance table according to the current balance (row) and the digit (column). 3. The check digit is the difference from the last balance to 10 taken modulo 10. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::MXX_005(3pm)