Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values. Post 302848233 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 09:16:40 PM
Old 08-28-2013
Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash
FILE=/home/home1/name.csv
if [ ! -f $FILE ] ; then
  echo " file $FILE is not exist"
  exit
fi

awk -F , 'int($4)!="0"||int($5)!="0" {printf "ref_num:%s\nAccount Number:%s\nMisc:%s\nerror 1:%s\nerror2:%s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5}' $FILE

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data from a .csv file

I have a .csv file equipment,bandtype abc,aws def,mmds ghi,umts jkl,mmds I can get the equipment from `hostname`. In my script i want to check what is the hostname. then see if it exists in the.csv file. if it does then i want to store the second parameter(bandtype) for the corresponding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on numerical values of a column

I have a text file where the second column is a list of numbers going from small to large. I want to extract the rows where the second column is smaller than or equal to 0.0001. My input: rs10082730 9e-08 12 46002702 rs2544081 1e-07 12 46015487 rs1425136 1e-06 7 35396742 rs2712590... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a space delimited text file based on the values of a column

I have a space delimited text file. I want to extract rows where the third column has 0 as a value and write those rows into a new space delimited text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

5. Linux

Filter a .CSV file based on the 5th column values

I have a .CSV file with the below format: "column 1","column 2","column 3","column 4","column 5","column 6","column 7","column 8","column 9","column 10 "12310","42324564756","a simple string with a , comma","string with or, without commas","string 1","USD","12","70%","08/01/2013",""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching values in CSV file based on column name

input.csv: Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field4 abc ,123 ,xyz ,000 ,pqr mno ,123 ,dfr ,111 ,bbb output: Field2,Field4 123 ,000 123 ,111 how to fetch the values of Field4 where Field2='123' I don't want to fetch the values based on column position. Instead want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

8. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values based on line-column numbers from multiple text files

Dear All, I have to solve the following problems with multiple tab-separated text file but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have access to Linux mint (but not as a professional). I have multiple tab-delimited files with the following structure: file1: 1 44 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bastami
5 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)