Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications From past 10 days my one job is taking lots of time Post 302848135 by gacanepa on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 02:04:26 PM
Old 08-28-2013
What OS / version are you on?
Please copy here the complete output of ps aux.
What do you exactly mean when you say "my one job"? Is it a script that you wrote, a process running on your machine...?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Past Time

Dear UNIX Folks, I guess everyone of us like to know what sysadmin typically do during his free time. Not what he/she likes as an hobbies.. but what activities does he/she often indulge in other than facing the monitor. Maybe we can come up this a better stereo-typed for sysadmin. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Some suggetion needed on taking a new job

Hi All, Please give your valuable advice on this. Recently I went to an interview a for a Sybase, Perl and K-shell scripting. I am not worried about the scripting and I love it. I am working in the above mentioned fields. The Project manager( when I was interviewed) told me that the job... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a CSV file for past 7 days

I have a requirement which will select the files with a specific naming convention which got created in past 7 days in a specific directory.Lets say the directory is /data/XYZ and the file names follow the below nomenclature like Daily_File*.txt I just need to create one CSV file which will... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files from the past 7 days

Hi All, I have a file which contains the listing of another directory: >cat list.dat -rwxr-xr-x 1 test staff 10240 Oct 02 06:53 test.txtdd -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 0 Oct 04 07:22 test.txx -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 132 Sep 16 2007 test_tt.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job is taking long time

Hi , We have 20 jobs are scheduled. In that one of our job is taking long time ,it's not completing. If we are not terminating it's running infinity time actually the job completion time is 5 minutes. The job is deleting some records from the table and two insert statements and one select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files of PAST 7 days and concatenate it...

Hi All, I want to list file of LAST 7 days acc. to its modified date and then concatinate. I have following piece of code.. For concatenate cat file1 file2 >> Output (For concatinating) find . -mtime -7 -exec basename {} \; (list past files but it is including . file also) Plz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should pick latest file within past 3 days using UNIX script and perform steps in message below.

Hi , Can anyone help me how do perform below requirement in unix. Step1:we will receive multiple files weekly with same name(as below) in a folder(In folder we will have other files also def.dat,ghf.dat) Filenames: 1) abc_20171204_052389.dat 2)abc_20171204_052428.dat DON'T modify... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnykamal59
23 Replies
condor_checkpoint(1)					      General Commands Manual					      condor_checkpoint(1)

Name
       condor_checkpoint send - a checkpoint command to jobs running on specified hosts

Synopsis
       condor_checkpoint [-help -version]

condor_checkpoint[-debug]  [-pool  centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]]	[-name hostnamehostname-addr "<a.b.c.d:port>""<a.b.c.d:port>"-con-
       straint expression-all]

Description
       condor_checkpoint sends a checkpoint command to a set of machines within a single pool. This causes the startd daemon on each of the speci-
       fied  machines  to  take  a  checkpoint of any running job that is executing under the standard universe. The job is temporarily stopped, a
       checkpoint is taken, and then the job continues. If no machine is specified, then the command is sent to the machine that issued  the  con-
       dor_checkpoint command.

The  command  sent  is  a periodic checkpoint. The job will take a checkpoint, but then the job will immediately continue running after the
       checkpoint is completed. condor_vacate, on the other hand, will result in the job exiting (vacating) after it produces a checkpoint.

If the job being checkpointed is running under the standard universe, the job produces a checkpoint and then continues running on the  same
       machine.  If  the  job  is  running under another universe, or if there is currently no Condor job running on that host, then condor_check-
       pointhas no effect.

There is generally no need for the user or administrator to explicitly run condor_checkpoint. Taking checkpoints of running Condor jobs	is
       handled automatically following the policies stated in the configuration files.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Causes debugging information to be sent to  stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable  TOOL_DEBUG

-pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]

Specify a pool by giving the central manager's host name and an optional port number

-name hostname

Send the command to a machine identified by hostname

hostname

Send the command to a machine identified by hostname

-addr <a.b.c.d:port>

Send the command to a machine's master located at "<a.b.c.d:port>"

<a.b.c.d:port>

Send the command to a machine located at "<a.b.c.d:port>"

-constraint expression

Apply this command only to machines matching the given ClassAd expression

-all

Send the command to all machines in the pool

Exit Status
       condor_checkpointwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Examples
       To send a condor_checkpoint command to two named machines:

% condor_checkpoint   robin cardinal

To send the condor_checkpointcommand to a machine within a pool of machines other than the local pool, use the -pooloption. The argument is
       the name of the central manager for the pool. Note that one or more machines within the pool must be specified as the targets for the  com-
       mand. This command sends the command to a the single machine named cae17within the pool of machines that has condor.cae.wisc.eduas its cen-
       tral manager:

% condor_checkpoint  -pool condor.cae.wisc.edu -name cae17

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					      condor_checkpoint(1)