Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Detect changes to crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Detect changes to crontab Post 302847929 by MR.bean on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 05:15:34 AM
Old 08-28-2013
I just use a text file instead of a real crontab file to test

Code:
bash-3.2$ cat c1
* * * * * cmd 1
* * * * * cmd 2
* * * * * cmd 3
bash-3.2$ cat c2
* * * * * cmd 4
* * * * * cmd 5
* * * * * cmd 6
* * * * * cmd 1
bash-3.2$ 
bash-3.2$ bash c.sh
* * * * * cmd 4
* * * * * cmd 5
* * * * * cmd 6
bash-3.2$ 
bash-3.2$ 
bash-3.2$ cat c.sh
#!/bin/bash
DIFF=$(comm <(sort c1) <(sort c2) | awk -F "\t" 'length($2)>0{print $2}' )
if [ "${DIFF}" != "" ]
then
        IFS=$"\n";
        echo ${DIFF}
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect process

Dear Sir, Now I use oracle database on AIX server and found some user use iligal program such as development tool logon to my database. I want to detect the process of illegal program and kill it. Could you please suggest me to make detect process. Thank you very much Pkanonwe. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkanonwe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm detect

i have this script that launches multiple xterm sessionon a CDE. i would like to test the xterm so that when i execute the script using an ordinary terminal it will detect that it will unable to launch the xterm and execute other script instead. i tried using trap and exit status. maybe i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect whethere the CD is R or RW

Hi all, I need to write a script to write data into cd. Am using cdrecord command. i need to implement the following if ( CD-RW) ( ?? How to find this ) cdrecord blank option else cdrecord with out blank option Now can you please help me to form this statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to detect OS is SLES 10 or not

Hi, I would like to programmatically find if given OS is SLES 10 / RHEL 3/.RHEL 4/RHEL5 etc .. For this do we have any library call/sys call? Or should we use any sys. structure which would give me detailed info. Share me if you have any pointers. Thanks in advance - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect changes in a file

Hi all Just curious , is it possible to detect changes in a file and sent to email . For ex: demo.conf I would like to receive an email everytime a particular file(demo.conf) changes and the content added/removed and who did the change (userid). Is it possible. Thanks CK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

detect F5 is pressed

Hello friends, I want to write a shell script in bash shell . Working for the script is to detect any key pressed and disply on screen as "you have pressed: " For example if user pressed F5 then a messaged has to be displayed as "you have pressed F5. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to detect ip address from last reboot done?

Hi How would i detect the ip address from where the reboot command been given to linux host. My linux host details are as below. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: EnterpriseEnterpriseServer Description: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Detect the lun

Hi, Is there command to detect the newly added LUN is linux box. I tried with below commands, but that doesn't work out. fdisk -l, fdisk -l | grep Disk pvscan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect OS

whats the equivalent of detect OS in perl with an if then ? platform='uname' if ]; then alias ls='ls --color=auto' elif ]; then alias ls='ls -G' fi In perl I see perl -Mstrict -MEnglish -E 'say $OSNAME' or print "$^O" Please use CODE tags as required by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixguynj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect and fix why crontab job is not executed?

I have set several cron jobs. I recently added a new cron job that copies a file of last day from another server and is executed each day (for example at 04:00 am) but when I check next day the file hasn't been copied. I'm working in GNU/Linux CentOS (2.6.32) system. The files that I need to... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
23 Replies