Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying/Adding in the DNS server entry using shell script Post 302847741 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 04:31:04 PM
Old 08-27-2013
As a hint, look into the nsupdate command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating DNS entry

what files do I edit?? or what am trying to get at here is that is this process of updating dns entries relatively simple or very complicated. please tell me about the files that are involved (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a csv file from Shell Script

Hi all, I have some script that creates a temp csv file. What I need to do is do some search and replace and modify the file from my shell script. I know the commands to open the file and then apply the reg ex but wasnt sure how I could do this from a script and modify the file? Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat DNS Entry

I have a installed Redhat Linux v5 on a new HP Pavillon PC. It has a dual boot with Vista. Booting from Vista, I can connect to the internet. However with Redhat I cannot connect to the internet. I looked at the /etc/resolv.conf file in Redhat and there is no DNS entry there. From where do I... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
28 Replies

4. Solaris

subdomain name entry in DNS server

Hi all, I'm tying to add dns a A record to a dns server running on Solaris 10 on sun's SPARC machine i want to do the following add host name to point to an IP address for a machine running win2k3 both machines have real IPs and exposed to the internet where can i add the A records on DNS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to add DNS entry in AIX 5.3

we have using windows 2003 server as DNS Server, now we want add dns entry in AIX 5.3 server. can any body help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balajipoola007
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a shell script without using an editor

Hi all, I really wan't to know that how to edit a shell script with out using an editor.. Is there any command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script for modifying a user

#/bin/sh echo "enter the user name" read $username echo "Enter new home directory" read $newhd usermod -d $newhd $username ;; error while executing : enter the user name Rev Enter new home directory: /home/58745 usermod: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try `usermod --help' or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying contents of the file in shell script

Hello all, I have a Kconfig file that looks like something below ... ================================ menu "Application type" config GUI_TYPE_STANDARD bool "Standard Application" source "cfg/config/std.in" source... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the shell script to select pattern

Hello, I have script which work 70% of the desired task , the output from script.sh is following , however the desired output I require is following . Any piece of suggestion would be great.. thanks in advance, emily #!/bin/bash ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)