Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File watcher script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File watcher script Post 302847657 by Nsharma3006 on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 02:18:14 PM
Old 08-27-2013
File watcher script

Code:
if test -n "$(find/data/path/ 'filename.txst' -print-quit)
then 
  echo "file found"
  exit 0
else
  echo "file not found"
  exit 46
fi

So I basically looking to understand the
Code:
if test -n "$(find/data/path/ 'filename.txst' -print-quit)

line.
Pls help to elaborate what this command is doing.

Last edited by Scott; 08-27-2013 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file watcher job

Hello, I am trying to create a file watcher script to check for a file until certain time and throw a message. can some one please help me if there is script handy ?? Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher

Hi Please help me in this I want to execute a shell script abc.ksh. But I only want it to execute if file XYZ is not present. If file XYZ is present than I want to unix to sleep for 5 Sec and than agaian check for XYX existence. if it sleeps for more than 30 seconds ( 6 time )I want it to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher using autosys

Hi, Would like to kick off a script based on the file arrival using autosys but this has to monitor every second instead of a minute. Is there a better way to implement the monitor apart from cronjob and only need to use autosys in UNIX. Regards, Rajasilpa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasilpa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Script for File Watcher

Hi, I need a script for "FILE WATCHER" I have in a remote FTP location server named MAIN _104 EveryDay mrng 8 i hav to search couple of folders(COL, ATT, TRA) in that FTP server (MAIN_104), and if any files are present in that folders i hav to bring back to my computer and store it anywhere... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Watcher Help !!

Hi Experts I will have be having 3 types of files in directory file1_p0_date file1_p1_date file1_p2_date As soon as it sees any of the files it needs to kick off another process and also would need the file name For this I am creating a file watcher script which will look for file1* My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westernmichnov
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with File Watcher script

Hi all, I am writing a script to do the following: 1) Check if there are any new <csv> files (in abc directory) to process 2) If there is new file, then perform some operation on that file. 3) Move it to a different location(after step2 is successful) 4) Do further processing on the file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Watcher Script

Hi Guys, I hope anyone can help me on how to create a watcher-script. The script will act as watcher wherein whenever it will find an error (say the word Error) in a file, it will prompt the user. Please help! br, rymnd_12345 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys file watcher

Hi friends, Instead of creating a script autosys 11.3 has a feature for filewatcher. Can anyone please share a link where ican create a file watcher job (more like manual). i need to create a filewatcher job where the job should search for a file for every 5 mins and send a mail whether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking out for the file-watcher

Hi friends, I do not have much thoughts so need any help on the below issue: I need to create shell script that will find the files & throw an error through job (autosys) when file not found. Daily we use to receive 3 files from a system. Obstacles: 1) All 3 files names are same. 2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tush
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help on a Generic File-watcher script

Hi All, Good morning... I have prepared a shell script which will monitor files in a certain folder and if available, SCP it to a destination path. Now the challenge I'm facing is my script is currently SCP-ing to only a single destination path. Wherever different destination path is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saps19
1 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX