Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to count and insert Post 302847433 by firefox2k2 on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 04:07:47 AM
Old 08-27-2013
Bash script to count and insert

Hi not sure if this is possible but I need some help with a bash script, I have a text file and on the first line that starts with 7150230 I need it to put a 1 at position 79 and a 2 at position 88, this is where it gets complicated, on the next line it finds that starts with 7150230 I then need it to put a 3 at position 79 and a 4 at position 88, next line that starts with 7150230 a 5 at position 79 and a 6 at position 88 and so on.

Below is an example of what I need it to do

Code:
71502304541-000            B1                    000000000000300100000001800001        2                                    S   

71502304540-000            B2                    000000000000300100000000000003        4

71502304541-000            B1                    000000000000300100000001800005        6                                    S   

71502304540-000            B2                    000000000000300100000000000007        8

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to count the time of transaction

Halo, Bash Script can get the time of process the trasaction or not? For example, bash script use to procee the trasaction, like select and checking.. then generate the XML. after it, i need to get the time which to count the process. Anyone can help me? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryanW
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert leading zeroes based on the character count

Hi, I need add leading zeroes to a field in a file based on the character count. The field can be of 1 character to 6 character length. I need to make the field 14bytes. eg: 8351,20,1 8351,234,6 8351,2,0 8351,1234,2 8351,123456,1 8351,12345,2 This should become. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to insert data into an html table

hi, I need to create a bash shell script which picks up data from a text file and in the output file puts it into an html made table. I have to use sed and awk utilties to do this the input text file will contain data in the format: job name para1 para2 para3 para4 para4 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script search file and insert character when match found

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with insert a value equation in bash script

HI All, I have a script in bash that i want that script will perform action When the size of a particular folder exceeds the 80%. Here is an example of script that result is exactly 80% : #!/bin/bash CHECK=$(df -h /var/log/syslog | grep '80%' | xargs echo | cut -d' ' -f5) if ];... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Columns before the last Column based on the Count of Delimiters

Hi, I have a requirement where in I need to insert delimiters before the last column of the total delimiters is less than a specified number. Say if the delimiters is less than 139, I need to insert 2 columns ( with blanks) before the last field awk -F 'Ç' '{ if (NF-1 < 139)} END { "Insert 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell script to insert new lines based on delimiter count

The input file is a .dat file which is delimited by null (^@ in Linux). On a windows PC it looks something like this (numbers are masked with 1). https://i.imgur.com/nta2Gqp.jpg The entire file is in one row but it has multiple records - each record contains 80 fields i.e. there are 81 counts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalnirvana
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file

Hi, I'm looking to accomplish the following. Insert current date into three places/cells within a cvs, every time the bash script is executed. The cells are column A,B,C row 2. Row 1 is reserved for the headers. The file name is always orders.csv. These three cells we always have an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookievmc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Script to take file count and insert into DB2 table

Team I have files in different directories . How can i take the count of latest file and insert into Db2 table . I am using awk 'END{print NR+1-ARGC}' (File name) to get the counts. How can i take 1.The count of latest file 2.Insert into Db2 table( File Name and Counts) . cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)