Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recording stats for Comcast
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Recording stats for Comcast Post 302847339 by migurus on Monday 26th of August 2013 09:15:11 PM
Old 08-26-2013
quick and dirty

put this in your cron:

Code:

IP='1.2.3.4'; # adjust per your setup
echo `date '+%Y%m%d %H:%M'` "\t" `ping -c32 $IP|grep transmit`

I had issues with T1 and running this every 10 min and pasting output into Excel helped me to prove the problem to ATT.

Last edited by migurus; 08-26-2013 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: missing detail

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recording keystrokes in vi

What is the syntax for recording command in vi. If I want to repeat a command over and over. My file is 12/01/05,,adsmte,9,0,0 12/02/05,,adsmte,12,0,0 12/03/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/04/05,,adsmte,11,0,0 12/05/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/06/05,,adsmte,10,0,0 12/01/05,,tsmpc1,57,1,2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Data recording on Network

Hello, I have been task to record data on the network between two computers. On one side I have a Solaris 8 computer and on the other side there is a VX/Works machine. The messages that come across are data messages using a UDP protocol on a dedicated IP address. Does Solaris have anything I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recording cpu and memory usage

Is there a way for me to record cpu and memory usage over time without buying and installing new software? I know I can use top to see the current state, but can I record that data somehow? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cshih31
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recording a UNIX Session

Hi All, I have a question regarding recording the unix sessions. I know the recording can be done using script comman, however i want to create a daily file of unix session. Also when i open multiple sessions how will the script multiple session. Please suggest some solutions also which file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting my server to comcast

Hi, I just setup a server running centos 4 that I am going to use for a mail server. I setup NAT in my router to open up the smtp port and i assigned the server a static ip address using ifconfig. Now is there a step im missing because now i cant route out of the server or ping anything? Oh btw... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

My game scores are not recording

Hi. I scored 38 on the hex game and it would not record my score. Strange. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MokoMoko
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Any mac software for recording keystrokes

I'm trying to find a good keylogger that doesn't come with any viruses. It happens to me several times that my browser crashes when I am in article writing or some other thing, very annoying. Thus, I need a keylogger to keep all my keystroke recorded. I 'v tried some, like the Aobo Mac Keylogger,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bluerosen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting recording using egrep

Hello, Need help using egrep file format: test.gz Date, time, , number 1, number 2, counter... 20130618,912154, ,009912345678,911111111111,10000, , ,abc 20130618,982148, ,009101373810,034028791952294,8999, , ,gh Want to extract number1 OR number2 records in files based on a two or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
8 Replies
sharing(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						sharing(1)

NAME
sharing -- create share points for afp, ftp and smb services. SYNOPSIS
sharing [-a <path> [options]] [-e <share point name> [options]] [-r <share point name>] [-l] DESCRIPTION
A list of flags and their descriptions: -a <path> add a new share point for the directory specified by <path>. -e <share point name> edit the share point record specified by <share point name>. -r <share point name> delete the share point record specified by <share point name>. -l list all existing share point records. Description of options The following options modify share point record attributes -A <afp name> use customized name <afp name> when using share point with afp. -F <ftp name> use customized name <ftp name> when using share point with ftp. -S <smb name> use customized name <smb name> when using share points with smb. -s <flags> use this option to modify individually, the sharing attribute for afp, ftp and smb. By default a share point record is enabled for afp, ftp and smb. To modify the indiviual attributes AND the following flags as required: 100 (enable sharing for afp only), 010 (enable sharing for ftp only), 001 (enable sharing for smb only). Specify 000 to turn off sharing of a share point all together. use customized name <smb name> when using share points with smb. -g <guest flag> use this option to modify individually, the "guest" attribute for afp, ftp and smb. The "guest" attribute specifies whether a ser- vice will allow guest access to this share point record. By default a "guest" is enabled for afp, ftp and smb. To modify the attribute, AND the following <guest flags> as required: 100 (enable guest access for afp only), 010 (enable guest access for ftp only), 001 (enable guest access for smb only). Specify 000 to turn off guest access for the share point all together. -i <inherit privileges flag> use this option to modify the "inherit privileges" attribute for afp. The "inherit privileges" attribute specifies whether afp will apply the classic privilege model to operations within this share point. By default "inherit privileges" is disabled for afp. To modify the "inherit privileges", AND the following <guest flags> as required: 10 (enable "inherit privileges" for afp only). Spec- ify 00 to turn off "inherit privileges" for the share point all together. -n <customized record name> Specify a <customized record name> to be used as the share point record name. By default the record name is the name of the direc- tory pointed to by the share point record. This directory is specified bt the <path> when the record is created. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/sharing -a /SomePath/ShareThisDirectory This example shows how create a share point record for the directory "/SomePath/ShareThisDirectory". /usr/sbin/sharing -e ShareThisDirectory -A SP1 -g 101 This example shows how to edit the share point record created above, adding a customized name "SP1" for afp servies, and enabling guest access only for afp and smb. FILES
/usr/sbin/sharing location of tool Mac OS X Server June 2, 2019 Mac OS X Server