Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex if then else
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex if then else Post 302847111 by elilmal on Monday 26th of August 2013 10:37:25 AM
Old 08-26-2013
Complex if then else

Code:
for i in $(condition ONE);do for e in $(CONDITION TWO);do

if [ $i = switch_ports_online1.txt ]; then
                command 1
                command 2
                command 3
         else  if [ $i = switch_ports_online2.txt ]; then
                command 1
                command 2
                command 3
         else  if [ $i = switch_ports_online3.txt ]; then
                command 1
                command 2
                command 3s
         else  if [ $i = switch_ports_online4.txt ]; then
                command 1
                command 2
                command 3
         echo ""
         fi
done;done
cat miofilesss

Hi all
There is a way to not specify every time "switch_ports_online*"?

In this file there is different ports.
Thanks
Luca

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex use with awk

Hi , I have file named docs.txt The content of the file look like this: DOC disk location Size ======= ===== ============= ========= TXT A /dev/dm-1 10 TXT B /dev/dm-2 10 BIN C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complex Commands

I need to ideas for some complex commands for a script file. Any ideas would be greatly appricated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Script

hey... i had a big problem with my professor i have 3 simple archives in.txt -> had all timestamps of users logon (100lines) ex. 111111 222222 333333 out.txt -> had all timestamps of users logof (100lines) ex. 111113 222225 333332 commands.txt... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beandj
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex query

A file whose location i am not aware of contains the below text <url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(FAILOVER=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ngm2sn1p2-vip.mybank.net)(PORT=4001))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ngm2sn2p2-vip.mybank.net)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Compare

Hi All, File1.txt File2.txt Above are the two input file's: Always I use to get three rows for File1.txt File1.txt (fixed width) 2nd line i will get date and 3rd record i will get a number. File2.txt (Pile delimeter) will contains 'n' number of records were header & footer is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex requirement

i have a requirement to search a pattern1 and once the pattern1 is found i have to go up and search pattern2 and if pattern2 is found i have to search down for pattern3 and pattern4. once this cycle is compelted, again i have to search pattern1 and pattern2,3,4 i am able to do this by opening... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnvanathy23
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Complex Awk.

Hi, I have a file. In this file when ever the word "ABC" occurs at position from 25 and 34 I would like to replace the value at postion 100 to 5 for the first 1000 rows only. I have written the following Awk command. nawk 'substr($0,25,9)=="ABC" {print $0}' filename The above command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex variable

If I need the output as below, what syntax I should use. I use only korn shell. =========In file =========================== #!/usr/bin/ksn P1=cat P2=dog P3=bat for i 1 2 3 do echo $P$i # <---------- This line is the problem I face. What I should use. done ========= End of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkakarot
5 Replies
asadmin-multimode(1AS)													    asadmin-multimode(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-multimode, multimode - allows you to execute multiple commands while preserving environment settings and remaining in the asadmin utility SYNOPSIS
multimode [--file filename] [--printprompt=true] [--encoding encode] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] Use multimode to process the asadmin commands. The command-line interface will prompt you for a command, execute that command, display the results of the command, and then prompt you for the next command. Additionally, all the asadmin option names set in this mode are used for all the subsequent commands. You can set your environment and run commands until you exit multimode by typing "exit" or "quit." You can also provide commands by passing a previously prepared list of commands from a file or standard input (pipe). You can invoke multimode from within a multimode session; once you exit the second multimode environment, you return to your original multimode environment. This command is supported in local mode only. --file reads the commands as defined in the file. --printprompt allows the printing of asadmin prompt after each command is executed. Set this option to false when the commands are piped or redirected from the standard input or file. By default the option is set to true. --encoding specifies the locale for the file to be decoded. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on to the standard output. Default is false. Example 1: Using multimode to execute multiple commands example% asadmin multimode --file commands_file.txt Where: example% is the system prompt. The multimode settings are executed from the commands_file.txt file. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-unset(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-multimode(1AS)