Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC? Post 302847047 by fpmurphy on Monday 26th of August 2013 07:18:48 AM
Old 08-26-2013
It refers to the Solaris 8 software release dated May 2003. The last (final) Solaris 8 release was in February 2004. Solaris 8 is in Sustaining Support phase of its life cycle.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

First of all, I want to salute everybody. Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. :) I decide to install Solaris 7, in a sun sparcstation 5, with raid5. And I don't know almost anything about unix systems, not only Solaris. :) I want to install mysql, apache, php4. I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

08-11-2005, 03:23 PM I posted the below thread in UNIX for dummies Questions and Answers. I thank the guy who posted a proposition to resolve my problem. I decided to repost the problem here. Who knows :) So, here it goes: Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. I decide to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Upgrade java version on solaris 10 SPARC

Hi Friends, I am trying to upgrade my java version on solaris sparc machine. I have installed the o/s software from scratch and it came with some default java version. I want to install the newer version of java available on top of this machine. I have already installed the latest version in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it?

Disk is: c0t1d0 partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 38307 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 unassigned wm 0 - 38306 74.53GB (38307/0/0) 156292560 1 unassigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnox
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)