Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Register Here to Permit RSS Access by IP Address Post 302846573 by Scott on Saturday 24th of August 2013 06:03:17 PM
Old 08-24-2013
I've updated bd.summit.net with the new IP address
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting access to a machine by IP Address

I have a need to allow only certain IP addresses to access a machine running solaris 9. I am not sure how this can be accomplished. Thanks in advance for your help. Patch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to register an email address in unix

Hi, Could anyone please let me know, process to send an email from unix server ( SunOS 5.9). Also, explain the requirements should have. Specify the location to register an email (abc@xyz.com) in unix? Please help!! Thanks!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenvi
0 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot access memory at address 0x8

Hi All I have a structure pointer and setting that pointer as NULL. When i tried to access the elements in the structure i am getting the error message. "Cannot access memory at address 0x8". This i tried in LINUX. When the same program is tried thro UNIX (HP-UX), i am not getting the message... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permit sftp load /etc/profile on AIX6.1

Hi, I've set on /etc/profile: TMOUT=3600 readonly TMOUT It seems to work when I connect using ssh client, putty for example, but not when connect through sftp. What am I missing on sshd configuration? regards Israel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

5. Linux

Block RSH access by IP address

Hi All i need to use RSH ( i can hear you all banging your head against a wall ) but i want to block a certain IP address from access my machine via RSH, is there way to do this thanks A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to access private IP address?

HI, I'm doing a research on client/server connection. I need to run the server code to open socket connection with the client code. To make the test real, I need to run the server code from a a machine far away from the client over the Internet. IN ORDER TO RUN THE CODE, the client has to know the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Restrict XWindows Server Access by IP Address

We want to disable graphical logins on our Solaris 10(64bit sparc )boxes, but I haven't found any information on how to do it via google. Most likely I am using the wrong search terms (i've been looking for "xdmcp" and "x11" "disable") . While looking through the output of "svcs -a | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Plan to Restrict RSS Access by IP Address

Hello Everyone, We plan to restrict all RSS news feed access soon based on IP address. This means that if you have a website or application that using our site RSS feeds, you can still do it; but your must register you site in this thread. So please reply with your IP address of your server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
IPROUTE(3)						     Library Functions Manual							IPROUTE(3)

NAME
iproute - Internet route table manager SYNOPSIS
bind -a #P /net /net/iproute /net/ipifc DESCRIPTION
The iproute device allows the specification of routes for families of IP addresses. It maintains a kernel-resident routing table for IP addresses used by TCP, IL and UDP. Each route consists of a destination IP address, an IP mask, and an IP gateway address. Every packet sent by the system is routed according to the route table. An address matches the route table entry when a packet's destination address matches the table destination address under the mask. When a match is found, the packet is sent to the gateway IP address. If there is no match, the packet is sent with the original destination address. If there are several matches, the one whose mask has the fewest leading zeros is chosen. (Because of the definition of IP masks, this mask preserves the largest portion of the address and is therefore the most specific.) This is forced by storing the routes in decreasing number of ones order and returning the first match. The default gateway has no ones in the mask and is thus the last matched. Reading iproute reports the current routes entered in the table. Writing control messages to iproute edits the table. Route entries are made by writing a string of format add ipdest mask ipgateway Entries are deleted by writing a string of format delete ipdest mask The whole table can be cleared by writing the string For example, to install a gateway address to accept all IP packets from a machine: % echo 'add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 131.107.1.5' > /net/iproute % cat /net/iproute 0.0.0.0 & 0.0.0.0 -> 131.107.1.5 Reading ipifc reports the current IP interfaces being used, one line per interface, showing the device, the maximum transfer unit, the local address, the network mask, and the network address. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/deviproute.c SEE ALSO
ip(3), ipconfig(8) IPROUTE(3)