Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't use 'break' command, Can't access 'ok' prompt. Post 302846451 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 24th of August 2013 04:56:30 AM
Old 08-24-2013
@hicks
your answer will only work if he has a local keyboard attached to the machine.

@SomeoneTwo
try this in minicom 'ctrl-A' and then 'F' to send a break. also you can try to use ctrl [, after this a prompt should appear and you type send break at this prompt.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Wants to delete a file on window 2000 Pro but prompt Access Denied

Kindly give me insight to this problem that l am encountering on window 2000 professional. I want to delete a file with .dll. If l delete the file its prompt access denied. Every option under the file attribute signify that the no deny was checked, but still l can't delete the file. Also l tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
3 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Solaris

ultra sparc 2 no video - ok prompt access

I have an ultra sparc 2 with no video - I connect to it with hyperterm. Is there a way to get to the OK prompt? I have tried control/break and that does not work. If not is there a video card I can get to put in this box? I have Solaris 10 installed on this machine. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tribbles
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone break down this find command for me?

find . "(" -name a.out -o -name core ")" -exec rm {} \; Specifically What files are trying to be found What does the -o do in this command What is the result if the files are found What does the command do if the files are not found What does the . after the word find mean thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knp808
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break command

have a query on this break. I am using a program where I am using a while loop to execute it. It will get into a file take the first file and then ping it and if the ip is reachable then it will mail. Now what happens is that when i ping the ip it does nopt come out of the loop and it says "reply... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i access db2 instance via telnet command prompt

Hi I have a perl script code in which connecting with db2 database and doing some process. My perl script code and db2 database server present in the same unix server. I am connecting and executing perl script code via windows telnet. Now my question is i could not able to connect db2 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
4 Replies

7. Programming

dbx - break on access violations

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make dbx break on access violations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set DBX to break on an Access Violation?

I'm trying to debug a service crash, and would like to break on an access violation - is this possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access to Prompt

Hello, I have a question concerning the following script which I can execute in a terminal: telnet horizons.jpl.nasa.gov 6775 I will be asked to enter a certain number in order to select an object (just for completness 301=moon, the tool yields the ephemeris for solar system objects)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grobian
5 Replies