Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10 Post 302846095 by manalisharmabe on Friday 23rd of August 2013 03:28:14 AM
Old 08-23-2013
Thanks a Lot!
It's Solved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep -- option?

Does anyone know what the double dashes in the following grep line mean? grep -c -- "->" The intent of the line is to have a long listing of a directory piped to it, and for it to count off the symbolic links based on the "->" characters. I'm not sure why the scripter decided to search for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmwatan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep using -f option

Dear all I have a file with more than one patters to search.Such as pattern.txt. I have to grep these patterns into a data file such as data.txt.how to do this ,i tried /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -f <pattern_file> <data_file> Its not working. why or how to search pattern file ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -m option

I am new to unix environment, can somebody help me with the grep options like -m. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep -v '#' option

Hi, I've the following code in my program. grep 'FILE_PREFIX' /cblconfig |grep -v '#' > $fpfx-filename I'm not sure what second grep does. Can someone explain this command? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani12345
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Grep -A -B -C option

Hi, Does anyone know why -A/B/C is not working with grep on my solaris box? Thanks, Prince (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Grep Option

Hi, I was wondering, if there is any option with Grep, so that i can have couple of lines appearing before and after the search line within a result ? Thanks in Advance. Rgds - Prince. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use the -B option with grep

I am trying to parse out a file using grep - I would like to use the -B option so that the grep command prints the previous 2 lines if/when my string is matched - listed below are two examples - one with the info I want printed to a new file and one with info I want ignored. Any help with the grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -C option not available

grep -C option is not availbale and i am using korn shell. Even -C option in man grep is not showing.. Input file : test.txt 111 333 444 555 aaa bbbb Command : grep -C1 555 test.txt Required output: 444 555 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on -l option in grep

Oracle Linux 6.3 I have 3 files a.sh , b.sh and c.sh $ cat a.sh hEllo world NB_ORA_POLICY=Somestring1 Mumbo Jumbo $ $ cat b.sh stomper pumper NB_ORA_POLICY=SomeString2 freeBird $ $ cat c.sh basketball is Good NB_ORA_POLICY=SomeMoreString3 aquatic $The following grep command with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies
GREP-EXCUSES(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GREP-EXCUSES(1)

NAME
grep-excuses - search the testing excuses files for a specific maintainer SYNOPSIS
grep-excuses [options] [maintainer|package] DESCRIPTION
grep-excuses downloads the update_excuses.html file and greps it for the specified maintainer name. The libwww-perl package is required for this script. If no name is given on the command line, first the environment variable DEBFULLNAME is used if it is defined, and failing that, the configuration variable described below is used. OPTIONS
--no-conf, --noconf Do not read any configuration files. This can only be used as the first option given on the command-line. --wipnity, -w Get information from <http://release.debian.org/migration/>. A package name must be given when using this option. --help Show a brief usage message. --version Show version and copyright information. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variable is: GREP_EXCUSES_MAINTAINER The default maintainer, email or package to grep for if none is specified on the command line. SEE ALSO
devscripts.conf(5). AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>; modifications by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities GREP-EXCUSES(1)