Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to update zone file Post 302845947 by learnbash on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 04:31:38 PM
Old 08-22-2013
Shell script to update zone file

Hi folks,

I have zone files at below path i want to modify their name i don't know how to do it, Can some can suggest some kind line technique. I give you detail

I have domain ibphello.com host at ip address 10.2.2.1 and 50 plus domain are there /var/named/*.db. If i want to change ibphello.com to 10.5.5.5.
If i have ip address 10.1.1.1 to abcd.com.
Please suggest.

Last edited by learnbash; 08-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: further addition of detail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Bind zone transfer recategorises zone file?

Hi, I have a primary/slave Bind 9 setup running on a Solaris 10 platform. Everything is hunky dorey, except for when I make a zone file change and up the serial the file that is transferred to the slave looses all its comments, and the entries are place in alphabetical order. I administer many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to loop through files update ctl file to be sql loaded

I am currently trying to find a way to loop through files in a given directory and for each file modify a ctl file and sql load it. I have been using the sed command to change the infile, badfile parameters of the control file. I have not yet tried to sql load it. Requirement: files are ftp to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_nh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

update file contents using shell script

Hi, I am having a file which contains as below Names(aaaa ,bbbb ,cccc ,dddd) now i want the file to be updated with new value 'eeee' as below Names(aaaa ,bbbb ,cccc ,dddd ,eeee) Is there a way to script this ? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drams
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update records in a file using shell script...

Hi, I have a file with 6 columns. First 3 columns together make unique record. I have a variable ($v) which hold a value that is obtained by a caliculaion. I have to replace value in 5th columnn with the value of the variable ($v). The value $v is caliculated from col4 and col6 values. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Update java version in Zone

I am using a solaris zone in Sun blade-T6320 which has a java version "1.5.0_18" i want to update it to 1.6.0.16 or higher , how can i do that , does i need to add the new java package to the global server or just instal it in the zone itself. do i need to remove the older version or and install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Update DB table from txt file using CRONJOB in Unix Shell Script

Hi Experts, can guide how we can Update a Database Table using a txt file source Using Unix Shell Scripts. What are the Cron Jobs codes can written to Update DB table. txt file contains record like data. US 09/03/2012 User DocType DocID. these above feilds in txt files need to be updated in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.sap
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update an entry of another file in a Shell script?

Hi all, Say I have a shell script called update_password.sh - in this script I want to perform a task to update a specified entry of another file (e.g. users.passpords) update_password.sh #!/bin/bash -e PW_FILE_DIR="${A_DIR}/.../..." PW_FILE="users.passwords" I want to update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read from a file and update remote server

Its a tough one and would appreciate any guidance for a script that i am trying to develop....Again I do understand its a complicated script and help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you 1- Need to check for a file (in a certain location on a server) every 15 minute or so if it is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update config file using shell script in Solaris 5.10

hi I need to update the value in config.txt value using shell script example: lets say a value in config.txt file is as SEQUENCE=1 after some iteration as the loop ends , the SEQUENCE should get update in the config.txt file with a new value of SEQUENCE=2. also , can anyone please help me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravidwivedi2288
7 Replies
App::AllKnowingDNS::Config(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   App::AllKnowingDNS::Config(3pm)

NAME
App::AllKnowingDNS::Config - configuration object DESCRIPTION
Note: User documentation is in all-knowing-dns(1). This module defines an object which holds the parsed version of the AllKnowingDNS configuration file. FUNCTIONS
zone_for_ptr($zone) Returns the appropriate zone for the given PTR query or undef if there is no appropriate zone. Example: my $query = '7.c.e.2.3.4.e.f.f.f.b.d.9.1.2.0.' . '0.c.c.c.e.0.0.1.8.8.d.4.1.0.0.2.ip6.arpa'; my $zone = $config->zone_for_ptr($query); return 'NXDOMAIN' unless defined($zone); ... zone_for_aaaa($zone) Returns the appropriate zone for the given AAAA query or undef if there is no appropriate zone. Example: my $query = 'ipv6-foo.nutzer.raumzeitlabor.de'; my $zone = $config->zone_for_aaaa($query); return 'NXDOMAIN' unless defined($zone); ... VERSION
Version 1.3 AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg, "<michael at stapelberg.de>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2012 Michael Stapelberg. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the BSD license. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-28 App::AllKnowingDNS::Config(3pm)