Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to import a variable Used in Another Korn Shell Script? Post 302845809 by vbe on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 10:24:50 AM
Old 08-22-2013
Not very clear...

What is stopping you to add those two lines at the beginning of your second script? (are you using other variables/function found elsewhere? in first script?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Occurence of comma in a Variable ( KORN Shell)

All I want to find the occurence of comma in a variable in KORN shell. For example : var = test,test2,test3 .... finding occurence of comma in this variable. Result = 3 now. Please help me to write the code. Thanks in advance. Regards Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Variable values difference

I am using two shell scripts a.ksh and b.ksh a.ksh 1. Sets the value +++++++++++++++++ export USER1=abcd1 export PASSWORD=xyz +++++++++++++++++ b.ksh 2. Second scripts calls sctipt a.ksh and uses the values set in a.ksh and pass to an executable demo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalseth
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell

Hi All- First time using iSql. I have 4 query files - some have more than 1 line of sql statements After a bit of research it appears I can just use the -i command and specify the input file. Questions: Does it matter that there are multiple queries in each file? Do I need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script

I have to solve some exercises in Korn Shell, but i'm having some problems. For example: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for an db import process

Hello, I would like a to have an script that would accept variables for "foruser" and "touser" during an db import.. I am pasting an sample script below... The "and" in the below script needs to changed..to a correct syntax for i in `cat /tmp/from` and for j in `cat /tmp/to` do {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell: check the content of a string of a variable

hello, i have a variable which should have following content : var="value1" or var="value2" or var="value2:*" # example: value2:22 how can i check : - if the content is ok (value1 / value2* ) - the two options of "value2" when content is example "value2:22" , i want to split... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell help - Using parameter to create variable names

I'm using korn shell and I am wondering if it's possible to use a parameter passed into a function to build a variable name in a configuration file. I have the function in one source file, I'd like to have a global configuration file instead of hardcoding logins to each script. So I have a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrevello
7 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)