Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning AIX?
Operating Systems AIX Learning AIX? Post 302845781 by itsp1965 on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 09:16:52 AM
Old 08-22-2013
Have you considered IBM redbooks

You have access to a plethora on all things related to AIX administration that you can learn
This User Gave Thanks to itsp1965 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning on my own

can i do this? i am learning this on my own..and from the book..simple unix i am not sure if the syntax would work if statement then statement do or for or while statement done else statement fi.... I dont know how else to explain that...I hope I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas27
2 Replies

2. AIX

Hands On Learning - AIX

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions of the best way to get hands-on security experience with AIX. I am proficient with most linux flavors on intel, but need to get familiar with AIX. Any ideas on how to get some hands-on without lumping out $4Gs for a used RS/6000? Thanks EW (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewelsh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning unix

Hi, i have started to learn unix (on and off for the past few months) and am wishing to move into that area in the administration field of it. I have been working in the help desk area (desktop support - windows based) for about 2.5 years and moved into a team leading role for 1 year in which i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donnieDarko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning foreach

im newbie at shell scripting. why do the following code #!/bin/tcsh setenv CBC ~/cbc/models/ foreach mix (p00p00 p02p00 p02p04) echo $mix cp $CBC/*$mix*Gyr*fits $mix/ end print(copy) only the first mix? % ./copyfromcbc.sh p00p00 wasn't it supposed to run through all words... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prtc
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX learning path: suggestions

Hello, Am fresher to AIX domain but trained in RHEL 5. I want to go for AIX certifications in future and very much eager to learn AIX from basics.Kindly provide me the guides or the links or the books for study. What are the recent IBM AIX certifications in the market as of today and their... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheerbk
3 Replies

6. AIX

LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS !

Hi, I am harsath , am new to UNIX- Aix ust started to learning , interested in working with servers , is it necessary to know shell scripting before learning aix, will i get job only if i know aix .... pls reply..... Thanks in advance.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsath24330
2 Replies

7. AIX

Learning AIX from zero.

Dear Sirs: Good afternoon, my name is Javier. I´m new to Unix and I am working as a Linux Server admin in an ISP from Argentina. I´m want to in learn AIX, and find interesting information about it on some IBM Redbooks. I would like to know if is there any possibility to Virtualize an AIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavinux
8 Replies

8. Programming

Learning C with CBT?

Hello All, I am a beginner in C, although I believe my learning curve is rather steep. I would like to know if any of you would have some recommendations with some learning materials to become a good C developer. I am particularly thinking about some CBT courses or some good Quizz that would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex learning.

Hello All, I have come across a question from colleague about complex regex, so I written a regex using grep's -P option in PCRE regex. Since its a new learning for me, so thought to share with forums. Lets say we have a Input_file with following test data: cat Input_file PROJECT =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
envelopes(5)							File Formats Manual						      envelopes(5)

NAME
envelopes - sender/recipient lists attached to messages INTRODUCTION
Electronic mail messages are delivered in envelopes. An envelope lists a sender and one or more recipients. Usually these envelope addresses are the same as the addresses listed in the mes- sage header: (envelope) from djb to root From: djb To: root In more complicated situations, though, the envelope addresses may differ from the header addresses. ENVELOPE EXAMPLES
When a message is delivered to several people at different locations, it is first photocopied and placed into several envelopes: (envelope) from djb to root From: djb Copy #1 of message To: root, god@brl.mil (envelope) from djb to god@brl.mil From: djb Copy #2 of message To: root, god@brl.mil When a message is delivered to several people at the same location, the sender doesn't have to photocopy it. He can instead stuff it into one envelope with several addresses; the recipients will make the photocopy: (envelope) from djb to god@brl.mil, angel@brl.mil From: djb To: god@brl.mil, angel@brl.mil, joe, frde Bounced mail is sent back to the envelope sender address. The bounced mail doesn't list an envelope sender, so bounce loops are impossi- ble: (envelope) from <> to djb From: MAILER-DAEMON To: djb Subject: unknown user frde The recipient of a message may make another copy and forward it in a new envelope: (envelope) from djb to joe From: djb Original message To: joe (envelope) from joe to fred From: djb Forwarded message To: joe A mailing list works almost the same way: (envelope) from djb to sos-list From: djb Original message To: sos-list (envelope) from sos-owner to god@brl.mil From: djb Forwarded message To: sos-list to recipient #1 (envelope) from sos-owner to frde From: djb Forwarded message To: sos-list to recipient #2 Notice that the mailing list is set up to replace the envelope sender with something new, sos-owner. So bounces will come back to sos- owner: (envelope) from <> to sos-owner From: MAILER-DAEMON To: sos-owner Subject: unknown user frde It's a good idea to set up an extra address, sos-owner, like this: the original envelope sender (djb) has no way to fix bad sos-list addresses, and of course bounces must not be sent to sos-list itself. HOW ENVELOPE ADDRESSES ARE STORED
Envelope sender and envelope recipient addresses are transmitted and recorded in several ways. When a user injects mail through qmail-inject, he can supply a Return-Path line or a -f option for the envelope sender; by default the envelope sender is his login name. The envelope recipient addresses can be taken from the command line or from various header fields, depending on the options to qmail-inject. Similar comments apply to sendmail. When a message is transferred from one machine to another through SMTP, the envelope sender is given in a MAIL FROM command, the envelope recipients are given in RCPT TO commands, and the message is supplied separately by a DATA command. When a message is delivered by qmail to a single local recipient, qmail-local records the recipient in Delivered-To and the envelope sender in Return-Path. It uses Delivered-To to detect mail forwarding loops. sendmail normally records the envelope sender in Return-Path. It does not record envelope recipient addresses, on the theory that they are redundant: you received the mail, so you must have been one of the envelope recipients. Note that, if the header doesn't have any recipient addresses, sendmail will move envelope recipient addresses back into the header. This situation occurs if all addresses were originally listed as Bcc, since Bcc is automatically removed. When sendmail sees this, it creates a new Apparently-To header field with the envelope recipient addresses. This has the strange effect that each blind-carbon-copy recipient will see a list of all recipients on the same machine. When a message is stored in mbox format, the envelope sender is recorded at the top of the message as a UUCP-style From (no colon) line. Note that this line is less reliable than the Return-Path line added by qmail-local or sendmail. SEE ALSO
qmail-header(5), qmail-local(8), qmail-inject(8) envelopes(5)