Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1 Post 302845623 by Peasant on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 02:47:35 AM
Old 08-22-2013
It's hard to tell without access to server.

You might want to check the iostat output on the machine.
If the values are high, check the machine for processes doing intensive disk operations.

Also, you might want to check on your storage if the actual spindles (physical disks) are being shared to some other hosts doing intensive I/O.

Check the FC switch port for possible errors.

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

2. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

4. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC on suse 10 SP1

hi guys I use rpm -qa to find installed packages in red hat centos.... but how to do it in Suse 10 SP1 for instance? specifically I need to find if gcc installed thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Getcwd performance issues

Hello everyone, recently we have been experiencing performance issues with chmod. We managed to narrow it down to getcwd. The following folder exists: /Folder1/subfol1/subfol2/subfol3 cd /Folder1/subfol1/subfol2/subfol3 truss -D pwd 2>&1 | grep getcwd 0.0001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KotekBury
4 Replies

7. SuSE

Personal SUSE build installation issues.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160725/0174562490859032f68430fb0fa216cd.jpg I have created a personally made SUSE-based distro using susestudio.com and it will install just fine on my laptops (32-bit Acer Aspire One ZG5 and MacBook 4,1). However, when installing on an old Emachine desktop, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheOuterLinux
6 Replies
check-hostname(1M)					  System Administration Commands					check-hostname(1M)

NAME
check-hostname - check if sendmail can determine the system's fully-qualified host name SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-hostname DESCRIPTION
The check-hostname script is a migration aid for sendmail(1M). This script tries to determine the local host's fully-qualified host name (FQHN) in a manner similar to sendmail(1M). If check-hostname is able to determine the FQHN of the local host, it reports success. Other- wise, check-hostname reports how to reconfigure the system so that the FQHN can be properly determined. FILES
/etc/hosts Host name database /etc/nsswitch.conf Name service switch configuration file /etc/resolv.conf Configuration file for name server routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), hosts(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2003 check-hostname(1M)