Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1 Post 302845623 by Peasant on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 02:47:35 AM
Old 08-22-2013
It's hard to tell without access to server.

You might want to check the iostat output on the machine.
If the values are high, check the machine for processes doing intensive disk operations.

Also, you might want to check on your storage if the actual spindles (physical disks) are being shared to some other hosts doing intensive I/O.

Check the FC switch port for possible errors.

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

2. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

4. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC on suse 10 SP1

hi guys I use rpm -qa to find installed packages in red hat centos.... but how to do it in Suse 10 SP1 for instance? specifically I need to find if gcc installed thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Getcwd performance issues

Hello everyone, recently we have been experiencing performance issues with chmod. We managed to narrow it down to getcwd. The following folder exists: /Folder1/subfol1/subfol2/subfol3 cd /Folder1/subfol1/subfol2/subfol3 truss -D pwd 2>&1 | grep getcwd 0.0001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KotekBury
4 Replies

7. SuSE

Personal SUSE build installation issues.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160725/0174562490859032f68430fb0fa216cd.jpg I have created a personally made SUSE-based distro using susestudio.com and it will install just fine on my laptops (32-bit Acer Aspire One ZG5 and MacBook 4,1). However, when installing on an old Emachine desktop, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheOuterLinux
6 Replies
ipa-replica-conncheck(1)					 IPA Manual Pages					  ipa-replica-conncheck(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-conncheck - Check a replica-master network connection before installation SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-conncheck [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
When an IPA replica is being installed a network connection between a replica machine and a replicated IPA master machine has to be pre- pared for master-replica communication. In case of a flawed connection the installation may fail with inconvenient error messages. A common connection problem is a misconfigured firewall with closed required port on a replica or master machine. The connection is checked by running a set of tests from both master and replica machines. The program is incorporated to ipa-replica-install(1) but can be also run separately. OPTIONS
REPLICA MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a prepared IPA replica machine. -m MASTER, --master=MASTER Remote master machine address -a, --auto-master-check Automatically log in to master machine and execute the master machine part of the connection check. The following options for replica part are only evaluated when this option is set -r REALM, --realm=REALM The Kerberos realm name for the IPA server -k KDC, --kdc=KDC KDC server address. Defaults t MASTER -p PRINCIPAL, --principal=PRINCIPAL Authorized Kerberos principal to use to log in to master machine. Defaults to admin -w PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD Password for given principal. The password will be prompted interactively when this option is missing MASTER MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a master machine against a running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) on a replica machine. -R REPLICA, --replica=REPLICA Remote replica machine address COMMON OPTIONS -c, --check-ca Include in a check also a set of dogtag connection requirements. Only needed when the master was installed with Dogtag 9 or lower. -h HOSTNAME, --hostname=HOSTNAME The hostname of this server (FQDN). By default a nodename from uname(2) is used -d, --debug Print debugging information -q, --quiet Output only errors EXAMPLES
ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com Run a replica machine connection check against a remote master master.example.com. If the connection to the remote master machine is successful the program will switch to listening mode and prompt for running the master machine part. The second part check the con- nection from master to replica. ipa-replica-conncheck -R replica.example.com Run a master machine connection check part. This is either run automatically by replica part of the connection check program (when -a option is set) or manually by the user. A running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) in a listening mode must be already running on a replica machine. ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com -a -r EXAMPLE.COM -w password Run a replica-master connection check. In case of a success switch to listening mode, automatically log to master.example.com in a realm EXAMPLE.COM with a password password and run the second part of the connection check. EXIT STATUS
0 if the connection check was successful 1 if an error occurred SEE ALSO
ipa-replica-install(1) IPA
Jun 2 2011 ipa-replica-conncheck(1)